Sex/Orgasm & Mastubation during early pregnancy?

fairydust87

Mummy & Noah <3
Reaction score
Is having an orgasm during early pregnancy harmful to the baby? I have looked on the internet and its conflicting so not sure. Have any of you had an orgasm during sex or alone) in early pregnancy and baby was ok. As you release a hormone that contracts the uterus is it safe?

I know about pros and cons in later pregnancy Im asking about in the first tri

Thanks guys xxx

I'm sure having sex is fine as long as u don't have a history or m/c or bleeding, can't see why not really , I think the hardest thing is putting all this worry about harming the unborn and trying relax

Its totally fine babes! Its achually ment to be good. due to hormones im ermm (tmi) rather randy all the tym (bless poor oh) and everythings been fine, gooo for it! X

i dont think its bad as such...but i attempted a diy O yesterday :blush: and it was different and a bit painful in my abdoman for a few mins after so wont be doing that again lol

I'm sure its fine for most people. But I started bleeding after orgasm with my last two pregnancies and lost them. I'm avoiding that at all costs this time around (its not easy, let me tell you!)

My doctor advised my husband and I to not have sex for the first trimester at least due to my previous miscarriage, being high risk, and that I bleed for weeks after one time of having sex. The stress it was causing me was just not worth it for my husband or I. I am much more relaxed now, even though at times I would like to be close to my husband...it is worth it to me not to bleed. Plus, there are lots of ways to help him out without having sex. It is only 9 months...

I heard sex was perfectly safe unless your doctor says otherwise.

I have had sex through all my pgs and probably a lot more in this one, it does cross my mind is it OK to do it so much and have so many orgasms of both sorts if you know what I mean but it seems to be ok although it does feel a bit different

I read its fine to have orgasms during a healthy pregnancy. As the uterus contracts, baby may even feels like it's receiving a gentle massage. I imagined he or she may rock a little inside the a. fluid. After orgasm Ill feel some lower abdominal cramping which goes away after a while. Hate the cramp so orgasms doesn't seem so exciting for me anymore :( and oh. baby is ok =)

But go ahead and enjoy if your doc says ok, and if you like it. But perhaps if you experience any bleeding after sex, you might want to avoid it for a while until your cervix is less sore.

My husband won't touch me because he says he doesn't want to "squish" the baby LMAO.

Yes, there are a few cramps after orgasm that aren't so nice but they soon pass, and the cramps are normal.

So long as you don't go mad :happydance: and don't let OH on top of your belly, you should be ok. :)

My OH and I have been at least 3 times a week like we were before our BFP. I'm lucky in that I've never had any bleeding, only some mild cramping. Have heard other ladies here who have had to stop during at least the first trimester due to previous miscarriages, pain, etc. If you're not sure check with your midwife who knows what is best in your individual circumstances. :)

I have only had sex 1 time in 12wks with this baby..oh my poor Dh! He has been asking but I have been putting it off. I didn't have any problems the 1 time he had sex, no bleeding or cramping but I did tell him that if he got me to "O" I would kill him. Only because I have been having um..sorry tmi..very good dreams but I wake up in pain from it and then freak until it stops. I know that I have to give him some loving soon but I just don't want to test it again yet. He doesn't understand this because we were like bunnies with my last pregnancy and this one I moved out to the couch so he has to keep away. I feel like I am letting him down and asking for him to cheat on me. (Not saying that he would) I am going to have to give it up soon and the thought freaks me out.

I'm not because I'm a bit worried, think we're waiting until after 12w. I've heard there's no problems with it though x

I think the advice is as long as your not considered a high risk for mc then it's all fine

If you aren't high risk or prone to miscarriage, sex and orgasms are OK. I have read a lot about it due to my own fears (a contracting uterus doesn't *seem* like it should be good for baby), but have been totally reassured now and have enjoyed our sex life while pregnant. You know those feel good hormones that are released and help you relax after you've had the big "O"? Well research suggest those same amazing relaxing hormones released are also transferred to the baby, allowing him/her to feel relaxed too!

Bang away, my friend!

Sex or orgasms do not cause miscarriage i had plenty of sex in my first tri n 2nd eased down in the 3rd as i got bigger but everything was fine x

We will wait till 3rd tri as sex was so painful during my last pregnancy till then. We did it twice in 1st tri and a few times towards the end of second tri but o hurt and gave me cronic cramps and backache and it honestly wasn't worth the worry. But by 3rd tri we were at it like rabbits trying to get joshy out lol and it was really good then some of the best ever actually lol :blush: xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->