Sex three days before ovulation - what are the chances, and when to test?

Liah

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'll try to keep this short:
First things first, I'm almost twenty and I've never been pregnant before.
I have a regular 28-day cycle.
This month, my period begun on the 10th/11th, lasted four to five days, and me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on the 19th - Friday, the 20th - Saturday and the 21st - Sunday.
I ovulated on the 24th - the following Wednesday!
What are the chances, and, what's the earliest I can test? I'm very impatient unfortunately! Any help/advice would be much, much appreciated O:) x

Hiya, welcome to the site :)

Most sites will say sperm can survive up to 5-7 days. But i think that is based on :sex: every once in a while. Because you had sex every day, his sperm wouldn't have been as strong as if you had only had sex the once after a week of not having sex, iykwim.
If you go to first response website, they have a calculator that can help you determine when you can test and when the right time would be to get the most accurate results.

Sorry I couldn't help more...

Regardless even with perfect timing a healthy fertile woman generally has a 20-25 % chance of getting pregnant any cycle. This chance drop considerably every day 'off' of O after 3 days. Fertility friend goes by the rule that 94% of their BFP charts were the result of bd at least once in the 3 days pre O, day of O and the day after... So that might give you a better idea. As for the bd every day unless your male counterpart has issues in the :speedy: dept bd'ing every day doesn't significantly diminish your chances... GL!

Oh and about testing try to hold off as long as you can unless you can afford to waste a bit of money on :bfn: s... Wait until the day your period is due if you can, the longer you wait the more reliable the result even if they say they can give results 5 days before the chance of getting a true BFP that early is about 10 %

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->