Shame?

You ladies must live in much more progressive areas than I. I don't feel ashamed, but there is a LOT of bullshit in my area. My family and people I don't know all made me feel so horrible, like a stupid girl, like having a baby would destroy my life, how ashamed they were that I was having a baby out of wedlock.....I just try to ignore it tbh.

That's so odd. Even my OLDDD fashioned grandmother didn't throw a fit about it. But we got married when I was 10 weeks pregnant. Even if we had not, I don't know, maybe it's just my personality but anyone that says anything rude or disrespectful to me that is over the top and effecting my life and my childs life, they get cut out. Try not to let those people make you upset, or ashamed, what right do they have to wag their finger at you? Like they haven't been faced with a very tough situation and made a choice not everyone liked? Screw them, they aren't angels.

I felt very ashamed my entire pregnancy. Random people would stare at me but what really got to me was that my dad ridiculed me in front of family members and people would look at me like I was being a naughty child when they found out. I had to defend my choice to keep LO for months to almost everyone. I don't feel so ashamed now and don't get many dirty looks now but I am ashamed of the fact that we have to live partly on benefits but I suppose that could happen at any age.

this. I had to defend my choice and keeping Quin from people too.now I tell people "see how wrong you were? :haha:"

EXACTLY. MIL was like 'you can't cope, it's a huge mistake etc etc' and now she says to LO that they've always wanted him and I'm like wtf?! Hypocrite :dohh:

No shame at all!
Aliyah is the best thing in my world and i wouldn't change her for anything.
F what anyone else thinks. I love being a mum.

No shame, whoever thinks its a 'shame', well i haven't got time for, let alone worry about what they think.
Both babies were planned and i couldn't be happier!

I don't feel any shame about being a young mother.

You just have to ignore people who aren't fans. :thumbup:

I dont feel any shame, But that might be because iv never had anybody make me feel like iv got something to be ashamed of.....

:flower:

Ignore them hun,

I felt judged when I had my son, being that I was 16 years old I'm not surprised.
With my Daughter we were never judged I guess people just assume were older when they see us with two kids?

No shame :) I find people only judge when Elyse is throwing some kind of tantrum in some stereotypical place like Wal Mart lol.

I don't feel like having Oliver has brought shame on me. Sometimes I feel awkward around people who talk about having planned their LO & have a "perfect family". But thats it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->