Share you Pasta Sauce recipes please...

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Could anyone give me the ingredients of the pasta sauces you make? Hate using jars but also dont have a clue how to make them...:shrug: Any sauces are appreciated xx

Thankyou :)

TBH the simplest thing to do is pick up a can of the basic sauce in the grocery store. What veggies do you like? For me, I like onions, mushrooms, and peppers in my sauce.

I cut the onions small and slice the mushrooms. Peppers get cut up small as well. I sautee them in a pan in olive oil. In a saucepan, I pour the entire can or jar of sauce, and add the veggies I've just cooked. I add garlic and herbs. Basil, oregano, rosemary, etc. Fresher is better for the flavour.

If you don't want to do it the cheater's way, you need a combination of tomato paste I would say and diced or crushed tomatoes. Most people prefer a smooth sauce so I would put them in the food processor. You can add the same seasonings I mentioned above :)

If you want to add veggies and your kids don't like them, cook until soft then throw them into the food processor as well... add to the tomato mixture; it'll all look red and they'll eat the veggies without knowing it ;)

Here is a combination jar and additions sauce:

2 tbs olive oil
8 shallots
1 clove garlic
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 28 0z can dice tomatoes
3 cups marinara sauce
2 fresh tomotoes diced
2 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
ground black pepper
basic leaves ( fistful)

You saute the shallots, and garlic in olive oil until light brown, then add the wine and cook for 3 min, the add tomatoes, sauce and brown sugar and cook for 10 min til sauce thickens.
last add lemon juice, pepper and basil. This sauce makes a lot 12 servings.

My fav basic (and easy) tomato sauce:

Chopped onion
Garlic or garlic paste (or both!)
Chopped tomatoes / passata
Tomato paste
Basil / Oregano / Bay leaf
Slosh of balsamic vinegar
Tsp of sugar
Salt and Pepper

Sometimes i'll add some peppers or wine if i have any and because some people (my mum!) feel cheated if they have a main meal without any meat, I'll sometimes add some bacon or pancetta. At the moment i'm loving the above sauce with chicken and some cream. Yummy... i should stop 'cause I'm making myself hungry!!

...But what i'm trying to get at is that I don't think you can really go wrong with a tomato sauce. Just add in what ever you like and just keep tasting it as you go!

a fave and cheap chilli pasta-

tin or 2 chopped tomatoes ( i use basics)

chop an onion and fry lightly till soft.

add in your tomatoes a pinch of sugar, chilli to taste and simmer on steady heat till saucey!-pepper and salt

Cook your pasta and when cooked mix it all up with handful of grated cheese but turn heat off when u stir it in...yummy.

My hubby veggie but in mine i fry off some bacon as well cut up and and add that in if i have some as a little treat :D

This is my fav pasta recipe that Ive just discovered:

2 chicken breasts
8 slices of streaky bacon
1 punnet of cherry toms
4 tbsp of olive oil
2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
pinch of mixed herbs - I use basil, tyme and oregano
Enough dried pasta shapes for 2

Preheat oven to 180 0C
Wrap each chicken breast in 4 slices of bacon
Place in a baking tray and surround by the cherry toms
drizzle over the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and herbs.
Bake in oven for 25 mins
Meanwhile cook the pasta.
When the chicken is cooked take out and add all the toms and juices to the drained pasta. Serve with the chicken.

My OH adores this meal, the juices on the pasta are really light and dont taste at all greasy like some jars can

Enjoy

ok girls some of them will try this week, thanks for recipe

We make a really simple one with condensed soup!!

Cook some chicken and bacon, then add tin of Baxters condensed mushroom soup, some mushrooms and peppers! You can leave it simmering whilst you cook the pasta. Then simple drain the pasta and throw it on top!! Gorgeous!!

It's my dads idea but he adds pepperoni instead of bacon, gives it some colour and spicier flavour!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->