Sharp pain and spotting.. update.. Ectopic 6 weeks 2 day x

Lexi's Mummy

Linzi xx
Reaction score
Just wondering if any one has any simarlar experiences. I'm 5 weeks 4 days and Friday morning I experienced a really sharp pain followed by intense cramps that lasted a good 40mins straight. Took paracetamol it eventually eased off. Later that afternoon I had redish pink spotting on the tissue after a toilet trip and I immediately assumed the worst. However there was no more and hasn't been since. That night I woke in pain that doubled me over, made me dizzy and faint and almost threw up :( I managed to get back to sleep but paranoid I would wake up bleeding properly. I didn't. No more Ian other than gas pain which disappear right after passing wind :blush: but I was very tender downstairs and around the cervical area almost like during my ovulation. Today I seen to be a bit back to normal other than the gas pains and feeling a little bunged up..

I phoned my local epu on the Friday but she said they couldn't do anything this early and to wait til Monday and phone docs for Betas... I'll be lucky to get through to thrm Monday never mind get in lol! I do have a private reassurance scan on the 15th at 7weeks so I know it's all just a waiting game but I guess I needed to just see if anyone has any simarlar experiences and went on to be ok. And to vent lol..

If u got this far thanks for reading lol xx

With that amount of pain I might be a little worried about an ectopic. I'm surprised EPU were so laid back. If he pain becomes really bad again I would call them back. Really hope you are ok xx

Thanks hun. I'm totally fine now no pain or bleeding. If it got worse I would habe undoubtedly taken myself to a&e. If it wasn't for the spotting I'd have possibly put it down to extreme wind. I had a very simarlar pain as the one in the night with dd2 but no spotting. Xx

Wow @ the EPU! If it gets even slightly worse please contact them again.

Do your doctors do telephone appointments, that could be an option for them to book you in at the EPU who could do your blood count etc.

I phoned doctors this morning and got a telephone consultation with the doctor who told me to ring straight back for Bloods app... That's what I phoned for the first time lol! I've been in for first blood draw and back in on Thurs for 2nd. Hopefully have the results tomorrow. If I get any actual pain again I'll take myself to the hosp regardless of epu. I'm still spotting on and off. Thought it was period like but tapered off to be brown again. Then started up again pinky red.. no cramps or pain just thst heavy feeling you get when af here... I'm not holding out much hope tbh I've felt something off with this pregnancy from day 1.. fingers crossed it's nothing but I just don't feel that way xx

Still waiting on first beta results as per my scrappy doctors Lol! Had no more spotting or blood in over 24 hours now either. Had no pain since the one Friday night. Im so confused. Part of me thinks surely it would have continued and got worse if miscarriage was impending but the other part says we all know how complicated some pregnancy things are. I jist want to know either way :/ xx

Just wanted to leave an update. This turned out to be an ectopic pregancy. Been into surgery today but don't know full extent of damage until I see a surgeon tomorrow x

Just wanted to leave an update. This turned out to be an ectopic pregancy. Been into surgery today but don't know full extent of damage until I see a surgeon tomorrow x

Oh no, I'm so so sorry you are going through this. I'll be sending good vibes your way and I hope that things go as well as they possibly can tomorrow and that you are healing well from your surgery.:hugs:

Thanks ladies. Unfortunately it appears that I ovulated from the right yet implanted in my left tube. Ruptured in 2 places causing abdominal bleeding. Sadly lost my left tube but ovary still in tact.. I'm devastated to say the least but at the moment I'm jist greatful I'm safe as he said if I'd have left it even a day there was 80% chance I wouldn't have made it to the hospital intime. Goes to show trust your instincts no matter how many times they turn you away xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->