Sharp pain when moving quickly

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
All of today every time I've moved suddenly, stood up quick or twisted to the side for example I've had a really sharp pain in my stomach like a cramp. It lasts only a few seconds but really takes my breath.
Is this normal? I'm only about 5 weeks. Can't remember it with my first but I am so much more anxious this time around!

It could be round ligament pain, more common later in pregnancy but I've heard of it happening early!

I had this pain a lot during my first pregnancy and it has already started again with this one. I am only 6 weeks but I get it if I get up too quickly or roll over in bed funny, it's really sharp.
I went for physio after having my first and they said it was due to the muscles becoming so weak after being pregnant.

It's normal. I had it in my second and now this pregnancy, although I don't recall having it as much in my first, or maybe I just didn't notice it!

Yep. Definitely stretching pain. That was the first symptom I had with my last two pregnancies - actually, it's the only reason I tested this time! When you've already had a baby, you tend to get the stretching pains earlier on. I had it throughout the first trimester with my first baby, though, and have just had it worse with each subsequent pregnancy. Ugh!!

So if you feel sharp pains anyplace the seams of a high rise bikini would lie - sides of your abdomen from vulva to the top of your hips, along the top of your pelvic line in the early days, even a stabbing pain that feels like someone is stabbing you in the vagina, is all normal stretching pain.

Thank you that's really reassuring. I remember getting the same sort of feeling when I turned over in bed further along in my last pregnancy actually now it's been mentioned. But never this early. Glad to know it's normal :)

I think it's probably similar to round ligament pains. I remember getting them so badly whenever I sneezed during my first pregnancy. This time I'll sometimes get them if I'm lying down and moving to sit up -- for some reason that aggravates my muscles and I get a swift but sharp muscle pain in my abdomen. Sounds normal, but it is uncomfortable!

Could be ligament and growing pains. I get this when I stand up quickly or if I'm hurrying and quickly lift my daughter up.

I've had this since about 5 weeks and still get it now at 7 weeks. Especially when I cough and it's worse if I need a wee.

Google said it was normal and just stretching pains.

I also experience the same kind of pain pretty much every day lol. My doctor told me it was ligament pain and not to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->