Sharp period like cramps?

ash211

Expecting Baby #4
Reaction score
Anyone have sharp period like cramps around 5 weeks and everything was ok? I had them for a half hour but they've gone away now. Doctor said if they're severe or don't go away to go in, but they have. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance! I've never had any cramping in any if my pregnancies!

Every pregnancy is different hun. I think I had a little cramping with dd2 and was told it is uterus stretching to accommodate new tenant ;)

That's true. I don't know what it is about this pregnancy that has me freaking out and paranoid all the time! I wasn't anything like this with the other two!

Yes I kept think I was getting my period week 5 and 6 kept getting period like cramping and then again at 10 weeks I got really bad cramping for a whole day. And I just had my 12 week scan and they said everything looks fine so can be normal I guess even though it doesn't feel like it!

I had this yesterday. Super sharp painful cramping in my pelvic area. Almost went to the Dr but went away in less than a half hour. I'm pretty sure it was gas... Let out some pressure and all was good after that lol

Wow, I experienced the exact same thing over the weekend, and it went away in 30 minutes too! I told the Dr. all about it and he wasn't concerned. Said to see him again if it returns, or to go to emerg if the pain is excruciating or I have any bleeding.

Funny that you mention gas pain mod19- that's exactly what my husband thought it was!

Lol my husband was so concerned, but after I told him it went away and I thought it was just gas he was like "how do you know? Did you fart" lol boys

Since that scare I have not held anything in lol

I had it around 5-6 weeks more than now but I still get it. Midwife said it's normal. Mod was right though, gas or constipation makes it worse!

Yep! I have it now!!
I was cramping so much I kept having to go to the loo check and make sure everything was still OK!
I've had no spotting or bleeding though and have discovered that getting up and walking helps to ease the aches!! So I'm hoping it is just the normal 'growing pains'

I had all kinds of crazy cramping in the beginning, and it was like non stop.

I had one round at 5w or so that was extremely painful, lasted 20 minutes but went away after I went to the bathroom. I could have sworn it was my uterus turning itself actually inside out because it felt so much like AF cramps but a TON worse, but looking back at how it eased, it may have just been bad gas pains.

10w 2d now and I think everything's good so far :)

Thank you so much everyone, this made me feel a ton better! I haven't had any cramping since so i'm not as worried. I wish you could just fast forward the whole first tri, I don't think i'll actually feel relaxed until I see an ultrasound with a heartbeat!

I wanted to update my case. I had the pain again, lasted about an hour and woke me from my sleep. I then started to spot brown blood after that, so I called my Dr. and he sent me for an early ultrasound and serial betas.

Well we found out last week via the ultrasound that it is twins!!! I am so shocked, there still aren't many words. I don't have a family history of this, so this was totally unexpected.

Holy cow! Congratulations! Did he say the spotting was the non-dangerous kind?

He wasn't concerned about the spotting as its only been brown and a tiny amount. He said it's probably just them burrowing in deep in there. He told me if the amount picks up, or changes color to go into emergency to get it checked out. Otherwise he said it can be quite normal.

Yep I've had cramping since before I missed my period! Perfectly normal always comes and goes. Can hurt pretty bad sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->