Sharp tummy pains

novembergirl

Reaction score
I'm stressing out a little bit because I've had these weird sharp, shooting pains in my tummy for a couple of hours. After about half an hour I was sick, so I thought maybe it was indigestion or something, but the pain has now travelled down. I had a bath to see if that made it better but it hasn't really. It feels like someone is squeezing my insides!

Not sure what to do on a Sunday evening - A&E seems a bit OTT and OH is away at a ski comp! I'm 10 weeks and I'm also type 1 diabetic.

Please please please, any advice appreciated!

I think I'm probably massively overreacting because it's probably just a tummyache and I'm a bit more senstive to it then usual!

When you got sick was it diarrhea? I can relate in the sense in the beginning I usually get these wicked stomach cramps with sharp pains and I have to do #2. I have it off and on through out pregnancy, I believe it is my version of morning sickness as I do not get ill in terms of vomiting.

Hope you start to get some relief soon!

First I just vomited, but then I had diarrhea half an hour later and I've been dashing to the loo every 5-10 minutes. The stomach pain is really bad. still freaking out a bit!

First I just vomited, but then I had diarrhea half an hour later and I've been dashing to the loo every 5-10 minutes. The stomach pain is really bad. still freaking out a bit!

I hope it calms down soon I get bouts of that at times too! Just try to stay hydrated...

Just remember hon that your body is doing lots of stretching and rearranging xo I still get sharp pains everywhere in my tummy area and down below. More so now since baby uses my cervix like a trampoline :haha: Try to get some rest and keep up your water intake xox Maybe try a heat pack on your lower back. Hope you feel better soon

Thanks for the reassurance (and the sympathy!)

The stomach ache is getting worse but the vomiting seems to have stopped. I'm lying down with a heat pack like you suggest and hopefully that's going to have some effect.

Thanks for the reassurance (and the sympathy!)

The stomach ache is getting worse but the vomiting seems to have stopped. I'm lying down with a heat pack like you suggest and hopefully that's going to have some effect.

Be careful with heat pack, I was advised to never use one when pregnant (during a stomach bug that I ended up having to go the hospital due to all the pain) :cry:

Just take it easy stay hydrated, you may have a bit of a bug.

Hmm, thanks. the pain is really bad but I'm also worried about getting a hypo because I have type 1 diabetes and my blood sugars have been really up and down anyway. It feels like a bug. I just wish I wasn't on my own tonight cause I'm worried about what will happen if something happens! Ha, pretty pathetic and not making much sense I know!

Anyway, I'm sipping on the lucozade so I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll just be very glad when this stops!

(Sorry for the burbling self pity! On the plus side, at least I've got the day off work tomorrow!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->