Sharpish pains steadily getting worse

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if this is normal or not. This is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure whats normal or not.

I am 12 weeks today, For a few days now I have been having some dull pains in my stomach, mainly on the left. Today they have steadily got worse and more frequent. I'm trying not to worry about it to much but I'm terrified my baby isn't breathing. I'm not bleeding but then again I'm on progesterone pessaries and I've read I may not bleed cause my body is still getting the hormones it needs.

I have no midwife yet so can't contact them and don't fancy going sitting in A&E for hours to be told to go home.

Any reasurrance right now would be great....

Thanks

I'm 11 weeks today, and since last night, I've had these sharp pains that just sort of shoot out of nowhere down low in my stomach. Not sure if this is similar to what you're experiencing, but I'm attributing mine to the usual growing and stretching, especially now that we're getting closer to the 2nd tri and having an actual bump. I used my doppler last night, and heard baby's HB, so know that things are still going fairly well for now. I know it's hard, but try not to worry too much :hugs: Did/do you have a 12 week scan booked?

Thanks for the reply RandaPanda. Yeah mine shoot out of no where too, the have started to move over the right side. I also have a heavy type feeling if that makes sense. I'm hoping it's just stretching too.
Yes I have a scan booked but it's not till next Wednesday, the wait is killing me :( I also ordered a Doppler today which should be here is 3 days so fingers crossed I'll find the heartbeat and put my mind at rest.

Thanks again, hope your pains disappear soon :) xx

Thanks! Yep, mine is migrating over to the right side too. I know that I have a luteal cyst over there, so I'm wondering if that could be causing the pain. The doctor told me it should shrink down/disappear as the placenta takes over (right around now)...who knows!? :shrug:

The wait for scans is soooo slow and agonizing, eh? My 12 week one is May 30th and I was really anxious about how slow the days seemed to be going, but I can honestly say that getting your doppler will really help to make you feel more reassured in the meantime. I wasn't sure about getting one, but the minute I heard baby's speedy little heart, I was elated and happy I bought it! Keep me posted on how you're feeling and how the first doppler use goes :hugs:

Today the pain is worse! :( I feel like I'm having a very very bad period without the blood though. That's the only way I can describe it :( I don't want to go A&E but don't have a clue who I need to call at the hospital cause the midwife kept my notes with all the numbers on.

I've rang early pregnancy in the past but I don't think I can now can I? Help please!!!

Phone early pregnancy, if they can't help they will give you the number of someone who can.

I hope everything is ok!

Aw :( I agree, if you're in a lot of pain or are really nervous, definitely call whomever you can get the number for, and even if they can't help you directly, they should give you the contact info of who can. I hope everything's okay :hugs: update when you are able to.

I'm going to try and eat something and have a soak in the bath, if they doesn't help then Ill call early pregnancy.

Thank you xx

I would always encourage u to seek medical care, but it could be round ligament pain. Usually starts/picks up right around 12 wks. Pls, if it gets worse, seek care, there is always a chance that it's an ectopic.

I've had 2 scans already and baby was in the rights ace so I know it's not ectopic. I've also got my 12 scan next Wednesday but I'll actually be 13 weeks. Thanks x

Hey Vicky,
I'm sure you already know this, but just don't make the bathwater too warm. I had a bath that was a little on the hot side 4 days after I found out I was pregnant without giving it much thought, and I had some pink spotting right after that totally freaked me out. I don't want to add to your worry, I just know how scared I was after that happened, and don't want another concern to be added to your day :hugs: hope you're feeling better soon.

Hi RandaPanda, I did that too huni, and ending up with a little bit of spotting :( all was ok though. Hot baths is one of the things I'm really missing though, I likely get in and come out a lobster lol.
I'm feeling a little better now after having something to eat and a soak. If the pains come back I'll Defo be ringing early pregnancy. Thanks again. Xx

Drink some water, I find when I'm cramping and I drink a ton of water the cramping and pains go away. Personally, I think the baby is just having a growth spurt and your uterus is growing. Also, it could be that the baby may be resting on a nerve. Hang in there, I'm confident all is just fine with your little one. :hugs:

This is my 6th child, so I've felt and experienced it all!

I'm glad u know it's not ectopic. Hopefully just growing pains".

Thanks canadianmom4 I think you ciudad be right. Pain seems to of gone unless I stand up you quick then I get a little shooting pain. I've felt very sick all night though and keep retching but nothing wants yo come up. Typical of me though, had no symptoms for 12 weeks, pretty much sailed through. Now my body decides it wants to be sick going into the second trimester. I always have to be different lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->