shaved lady area?

ilovecocopops

Reaction score
Ok this might sound like a silly question but when we go into labor will somebody come round to shave our lady area? My mum told me that they did when i was born (she said it was very humiliating!) but that was 25 years ago so i thought they might of stopped doing it. But i watched that midwife thing on tv the other day and all the ladies giving birth were totally shaved. Hmm.

If they need it bald then i will have to be shaving it myself when i get closer to the time rather than laying there legs spread so some stranger can do it!

Anybody know? x

I have no idea! :|
I'll be shaving it anyway cos I hate hairyness down there D:
David said if I get too big to do it myself he'll do it for me though... I don't know what is more embarrsing :|

haha! well at least hes seen it before ;) I wouldnt trust my OH with the razor. Lots of mirrors will be needed i think! x

lol I trust David with the razor I don't think I trust him not to miss a bit though, he might just leave a huge patch of hair somewhere down there just for funsies lol :)

Yer they ask you to be shaved, and give you a razor if not as far as i know. Just make sure u are beforehand saves the hassle lol x

It must depend where you live then because up here they couldn't care less if you are shaved or not as long as you can push the baby out lol

i wanna be shaved before i go into labour, hate hair down there as it is. :rofl: just hope my arms can fit around my bump later on

o_O Ohhh thats something I've been thinking about. You think they'd tell ya if you have to though? I dunno. I'm doing it anyway!

Completely bald?! I wouldn't like that...I actually like a little something down there! MrRaggle has shaved me a few times anyway, when I've been lazy...heehee so I'm sure he'll do the honours when the time comes if need be :)

hehe, iv never heard of that before and iv had 3.

xx

I can't even see my lady area anymore! At the moment I'm just doing it by touch. When I near the time of labour, DH will help remove the hair but not with the razor as he doesn't trust himself with it - hair removal cream it is then!

Surely with a bit of help from a mirror we should be able to do it ourselves.....unless I can't actually reach around my bump lol xxx

I have given birth 4 times and never once been asked to shave all my hair off :haha:

I always shave it off anyway but its proving more difficult as the weeks go on so i may have a right forest when the time comes :dohh: :haha:

It was common practise years ago for midwives to shave women and even perform an enema! Definately not the practise today. Except you do have the top of the pubic area shaved if you go for a section :)

Why does it make a difference when in labour? I HATE it anyway so shave all the time but I don't know why they would ask you to do it?

In those embarrassing birthing books they had in science at school I remember all the women being very hairy and all the boys laughing!

Shaving is very old school. They dont shave as a matter of course these days. I like to keep my undercarriage smooth but as time goes on that's no mean feat!

Where I live they dont shave you down there. This is the first time I have heard of this. What does your hair have to do with anything?

I've never heard of them doing that.

I shave anyway, I'd hate to go into labour unexpectedly and have a big bush!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->