She just won't eat...

maybebaby

Terri and her baby girl!
Reaction score
London is 8 months tomorrow and she won't eat anything solid. She was doing really well with the spoon and rice cereal, but then we all got a horrid stomach flu and she hasn't eaten anything since. She is also teething which may account for her spoon aversion. She will eat if you put the food on her pacifier, but I'd really like to go back to the spoon - any thoughts?

I'd just keep trying, Hayden didn't eat until 9mo and still not much for awhile after that. Keep in mind that solids in the first year aren't really for nutrition but for them to learn how to eat, new textures and flavors. So it's ok she isn't eating right now. I'd just keep offering with the spoon, i wouldnt' do the pacifier, and if she doesn't want it just wait a day or 2 and try again. She will eventually take to it it just might take some time.

I'd just keep trying, Hayden didn't eat until 9mo and still not much for awhile after that. Keep in mind that solids in the first year aren't really for nutrition but for them to learn how to eat, new textures and flavors. So it's ok she isn't eating right now. I'd just keep offering with the spoon, i wouldnt' do the pacifier, and if she doesn't want it just wait a day or 2 and try again. She will eventually take to it it just might take some time.

I really think it was the teething. I fed her some cold applesauce last night and she took it from the spoon!! :happydance:!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->