She stole my baby name :-(

Awesome name choice! I would say use it- our Alyssa was name so we could call her ally- we've never once called her that- she's Lyssa. So tastes change- chances are even if she says the name the same- you won't both be calling your children by their full name. Plus you're moving soon? Not a big deal.

Awesome name choice! I would say use it- our Alyssa was name so we could call her ally- we've never once called her that- she's Lyssa. So tastes change- chances are even if she says the name the same- you won't both be calling your children by their full name. Plus you're moving soon? Not a big deal.

Lyssa is a form of the rabies virus carried by bats... it causes its victims to go crazy and attack each other

seems like an odd thing to nickname your child

Lyssa is a form of the rabies virus carried by bats... it causes its victims to go crazy and attack each other

That's a bit unnecessary- do you tell people who call their children Lou that they're calling their child a toilet?

That's a bit unnecessary- do you tell people who call their children Lou that they're calling their child a toilet?

loo is spelt different and is a regional slang thing not an actual thing :wacko:

its is an odd nickname though

some would say mine is odd (named after a not so cuddly animal) but I like that it is, nicknames can be anything but thought I would point it out for if they dont know because im sure at some point in life it will come up that its the medical name of a 'disease'

loo is spelt different and is a regional slang thing not an actual thing :wacko:

some would say mine is odd (named after a not so cuddly animal) but I like that it is, nicknames can be anything but thought I would point it out for if they dont know because im sure at some point in life it will come up that its the medical name of a 'disease'

Would it make you feel better to know that the lyssavirus is actually named after a Greek goddess so the nickname is actually a goddesses name really?

Would it make you feel better to know that the lyssavirus is actually named after a Greek goddess so the nickname is actually a goddesses name really?

the goddess or anger, rage and madness :wacko: names so because thats the symptoms

Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine? I think maybe that a bat disease is obscure enough that you probably could have refrained from sharing that nasty little remark. 99 percent of people will neither know that, nor care.

Oh wow. What a way to cheer the OP up!

Wow if your only comment is to insult another mama's name choice, it might be better to just not post. :nope:
Also my niece is Alyssa and I've never associated her name with a bat disease - that's very obscure.

It's not a sister or something, and who knows how long she will be your co worker... Your daughter is your daughter forever!!

Use it! And also, she might not even end up using that name :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->