She was born at 26weeks what are her chances of survival??

My sister had her baby at 26 weeks, she is nearly 7 weeks old now, she weighed 2lb2 at birth she went down to 1lb 5oz she now weighs 4lb 2oz, she is breathing on her own has 3 hourly feeds and is out of the incubator, Your friends baby is in the best place and Im sure she will come on in leaps and bounds just like Brooklyn Hugs to you all xx

Mumto3boys - Thankyou for your reply. I am so pleased she is doing so well. Hopefully Baby Holly will be as strong as your sisters little princess. I wish you and your family all the best xxx

Baby Holly is 1 week old today. She hasnt had any major problems so far. She is breathing more on her own now, doing most of it on her own. She has also gained 30 grams.

Happy one week birthday Holly! Keep fighting LO :hugs:

Baby Holly is 1 week old today. She hasnt had any major problems so far. She is breathing more on her own now, doing most of it on her own. She has also gained 30 grams.

Happy one week birthday Holly! Keep fighting LO :hugs:

Babe, I'm so glad that she's doing so well :hugs::happydance:

So glad she is doing well, keep fighting my thoughts with you all xx

Glad she,s doing well ...shes in my prayers xxx

I'm glad she is doing well. My cousin had her baby at 26 weeks weighing 1lb8oz, that was 13 years ago now and you can not tell any difference between her and the rest of her year at school. I hope your friends little one continues fighting and is moved to Watford General soon.

Lets all pray for your friend and baby.My little girl was born at 24 weeks 7 years ago.We had a very hard/long roller coaster ride for the first 4 months.It is very hard times these babies are amazing ! Being a girl is a bonus,they have a higher rate.And wow some breathing on her own thats wonderful.The Dr's are great and will do all they can.Being there as a friend is the best you can do,Your friend will need good people around her no matter the out come its a long road to travel.All these little miracles are different some come out with complete health and live a normal life others have problems.I wish all the best with all my love xxx

Thanks for all your kind words. She is still doing well and has been moved to Luton and Dunstable now so its easier for her mummy and daddy to visit her.

Keep fighting Holly, your a very strong, beautiful little girl! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->