she won't go to sleep

baby D

Joshua and Amelia x
Reaction score
My baby girl ( 1 month ) is exhausting me - she will not sleep before about two in the morning! I don't know what to do - i am so tired as my elder child is up between 6 and 7 every day and even after Amelia does eventually sleep, she wakes at 4 for a feed

During the day she sleeps fairly well - everyone has said to try and keep her awake more, but it is near on impossible to make a 4 wk baby stay awake so she sleeps on and off all day, i wake her for a bath by about 8 and that is it - she will not settle again! She normally has a feed about 10 - 11pm and she is sooo agitated/restless from then till she falls asleep - it's awful!

What can i do? I need some sleep

How did you guys encourage a good sleeping pattern/routine?

Please tell me it will get easier - i feel like im going mad!

I would try changing her bath to mornings maybe that is the problem?

what i find helps is to dim the lights in the evenings after 6. that way the baby starts to notice its bed time!
i seperate daytime nap places as well. eg... moses in the evening chair/swing in the day.
your bathtime in the evening is a good idea but perhaps finish it off with some johnsons bedtime lavender massage lotion and bedtime bath bubbles?
and try to nap when baby naps, not so easy with a lil'n as well! im here if u wanna pm x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->