She won't stop crying?

S

Serene123

She has been awake for 5 hours. She has been fed numerous times. Burped, changed. I don't know what's wrong? :(:(

does she have a playmat she can lie on and be stimulated?

or perhaps shes got herself overtired - maybe try taking her for a walk in her pram or for a car ride

have you tried swaddling her, holding her close and just rocking her? My little one was up from 9:30am and is still fighting sleep now at 12:41.
I've fed her, burped her numerous times and keep checking her diaper. She is just fussy. She is starting to doze off now... but she opens her eyes every few minutes to make sure I'm still here so I don't dare put her down or those big blues will be wide open. lol

I'd call her pediatrician to see what they say, and can suggest. :hug:

She has cried herself to sleep. I think she has a sore throat from coughing and crying just makes it worse, which makes her cry even more.. :dohh:

poor thing. Does she do that frequently? She may have Colic.

Once Noah stayed up ALL day. I think he was just over tired, and was gearing up for a growth spurt, because all he wanted to do was eat, and cry. that night he slept 8 hours and most of the day

Once Noah stayed up ALL day. I think he was just over tired, and was gearing up for a growth spurt, because all he wanted to do was eat, and cry. that night he slept 8 hours and most of the day

That night must have been a blessing! lol I'm still waiting for the day when I get more than a two hour span to do anything.

Aww hun :hugs: Maybe a bath and a little massage? Then swaddling her and signing to her?

That night must have been a blessing! lol I'm still waiting for the day when I get more than a two hour span to do anything.

It will come :) The day before was hell, so I think I earned it lol

swaddle her, it should work quickly.

Mine is being like this at the moment too. I was afraid to swaddle her because my MW told me off on my vest first home visit for swaddling her. She said it will make her too hot and babies like to be free?

Soo confusing about whats best for them nowadays

xx

Mine is being like this at the moment too. I was afraid to swaddle her because my MW told me off on my vest first home visit for swaddling her. She said it will make her too hot and babies like to be free?

Soo confusing about whats best for them nowadays

xx

What? I've never heard of babies wanting to be free and not like swadling. :shrug:

She isn't like this much. She seems alright now. I know she has a cold, and has had it for a couple of weeks now, so it is probably just her throat. I've done her temp and it's fine so I'm sure she can wait untill Monday to see a doctor if she needs to.

Amy_tea - forgive me, but your midwife seems daft for a comment like that!

look up Moro reflex (startle reflex). This is why the swaddle works, and why infants do NOT like to be free...

:dohh:

Here's a few tactics that have science behind them.

5 "S's"

Swaddle - tightly wrap her so her arms are bound to her side. Babies have a reflex that causes their arms to flail when they are startled and when they feel like they are falling. Binding their arms keeps them calmer.

Side or Stomach - Being on their side or stomach also keeps this reflex from making them frightened or startled.

Shhhh's (white noise... LOUD) The inside of our bodies have a lot of noise that baby got used to when she was in utero. For them it's LOUD, like vacuum cleaner loud... try shhhh'ing into her ear LOUD or run the vacuum or the hair dryer close to her for the noise.

Swinging - They should swing vigourously when they are very upset, and gently when they are calmer. Swing faster when they get upset again.

Sucking - A pacifier or at the breast.

https://www.thehappiestbaby.com/book_chapters.html

This is one of the only things that keeps our night time fussy time (which is normal for all babies) a little easier...

Margerie, can you come and live with me? You always seem to have the answer for everything!!

And I've heard that swaddling to stop their arms flailing is good too

Margerle great post, I do all of those things and they really do work! :) We play a white noise CD at night for Noah, and since we started that he sleeps atleast 6 hours a time, and sometimes 8!

I saw some midwives in my pregnancy who said swaddling isn't good for the baby, I tried with Jasmine but she hated it as she likes her arms out of everything.

We swaddle jack at nighttime so he knows it is time to sleep and it does restrict his movement so he calms down ready for sleep. Although we do swaddle tightly he still manages to get out of it with his arms lol !

I find that if I swaddle Bren once his is sleeping, it goes much better, he doesn't fight me, and he is now sleeping longer!!!

And if you are worried about them getting too hot, then I would really recommend these blankets:

https://www.adenandanais.com/spring-collection.html

They are super soft, and large. So for now during the summer I can just use it as one layer and as it gets cooler I can fold it and make it thicker. I really LOVE these blankets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->