She's at it again

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
My mother that is, telling me how Niamh needs to go I'm her own room but the idea of it feels alien and wrong. She's in a cot next to my bed, ususly sleeps all night and comes in our bed most mornings from about 6. I like being able to look over and see her. I think if she was in another room I would spend all night back and forth making sure she wasent too hot or cold. :wacko: I'm running out of things to say to her and now OH is starting to agree with her, help?

You have to make a decision that is right for your family. I was adamant to keep LO in with us until at least 6months. My OH supported that decision but he felt it would be better to move him into his own room. LO woke up with any little noise and made it difficult for us to sleep. So we decided we would try moving him for one night just to try it and although it was a bit nerve wracking I have to admit that LO slept much better on his own and I didn't have to be afraid of waking him. We did it one more night and one more night after that and now it's been a couple of weeks and LO seems happy in his own room. He's able to fall asleep on his own and seems content to stare at the mobile if he wakes up. It is a bit more difficult going in to nurse him rather than bringing him into my bed but I have a warm blankie and we curl up together on the rocking chair and it's lovely. OH wakes up at 5am for work and when he does he delivers the baby to me and LO and I sleep in together for the rest of the morning. So really we're only separated for a few hours :)

Sorry for the lengthy shpeel, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's important to examine what works for you and why and try to find a way so that each person in your family has their needs met. Since your baby is sleeping through and not waking up too much it sounds like the arrangement is working for all of you so it's best to ignore your mil.

If you font want her to then don't. My lo was 19 months before he moved to his own room and that was only because he was asking to get in his bed he likes to spread out. We have no problem in him comeing back to our room to. X

I plan to keep LO in my room in a cradle for at least the first 6 weeks. My MIL is disgusted by co-sleeping (to her, the fact that he will be in our room is proof that I am selfish) and my OH thinks he should be in his own room. I have remained very firm that no, he will be in his cradle right next to my bed. PERIOD. OH can't really argue with that.

They are pro room sharing for the first 6 months but now shes one their saying its time she needs to go in her own room but when i ask why they cant tell me.

I don't think I would move a child into their own room until they were out of a cot and into a bed they could get out of. I would worry that they would wake and want me and I wouldn't hear them otherwise.

My mum is the same. I told her, do cats drag their kittens from the "nest", put them eleswhere for the night and go sleep by themselves? Do mother rabbits dig a seperate hole for their babies to sleep in? No! Animals generally sleep with their babies (or in your case, right next to in seperate beds is just as good).

I'm a lactating mammal and prefer to sleep with my young.

I don't think I would move a child into their own room until they were out of a cot and into a bed they could get out of. I would worry that they would wake and want me and I wouldn't hear them otherwise.

Lol...I'm in a small house yet we always use a baby monitor for my toddler as I'd hate to find she'd called for me and I'd not heard her!!!

My mum is the same. I told her, do cats drag their kittens from the "nest", put them eleswhere for the night and go sleep by themselves? Do mother rabbits dig a seperate hole for their babies to sleep in? No! Animals generally sleep with their babies (or in your case, right next to in seperate beds is just as good).

I'm a lactating mammal and prefer to sleep with my young.
love it!

If it's working and you don't disturb each other, then it's not an issue. WTF does it have to do with your mum anyway if she can't give you a reason?! :wacko:

:hugs: i don't think you need to give a reason hon, you're happy, she's happy thats that. we moved maddi at 6.5 months simply because she was keeping us up. we've been up and down checking on her ever since :blush: james always says he got less sleep after we moved her, even though she slept through so early on because he couldn't relax knowing she was next door. - she'd totally outgrown the moses basket and there wasn't room for the cotbed in our room. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->