She's Here

Congratulations Beth!!! I feel like I've read your updates through all the trimesters and now she's finally here, how incredible :) I'm 39 weeks and 5 days now... can't wait to join you on the other side of delivery!

After 8 days I finally have her birthstory!

--
December 23rd 2015
We arrived late to the hospital for my cesarean due to a bad snowfall and my husband's dawdling. Luckily, they understood.

As soon as I got there I was checked in, and an IV was set up. They took bloods and did their normal 100 questions. While that was happening my doula arrived and gave me a foot massage and massaged the hand that was IV free. To help keep me relaxed, so I would not panic about the cesarean. Shortly after my Doctor arrived and did a quick, not so quick, sonogram to see if baby had flipped. Sadly, she had not. She was laying transverse. I had a feeling that's how she was laying, though I was disappointed she wasn't head down.

All the while my doctor was trying to find the way baby was laying,the anesthesiologist was in there explaining how things were going to happen. Everyone then left. After a few minutes a nurse came in and got my hair up in a net, and handed my doula OR scrubs so she could accompany me. Then they had me walk to the OR.

As soon as I was in the OR and the got the table to cooperate because it wouldn't lock they had me sit up on there and as they did a spinal I talked to a nurse about many different things to get my mind off them doing the spinal. After they got the spinal done, and laid me down on the OR table and all setup, the called for my doula.

During the whole procedure I could feel the pushing and pulling. But no pain. My doula watched over the curtain as the tried to get Moira out. They had to literally jump on me to get Moira out. She was lodged up under my ribs. During to whole thing my Doula talked to me, and made jokes. She actually had me laughing on the OR table.

After about 45minutes of pulling and prodding and "beating me up" Little Moira Evelynn was born at 1:19pm. She weighed 8lbs 10oz and measured at 20 inches.

Glad she arrived safely Hun hope she's settled in ok X

SHe is doing alright. She was supposed to be brought in on Monday to be checked out, but I couldn't make it because I was heading out of town to stay with my friend/doula (Her name is KC) so I could actually get some help recovering. SO she was scheduled to go in Wednesday instead, but then KC landed herself in the ER with a double kidney infection and couldn't get me there. So I had to reschedule for this coming Monday.

Anyways, she is doing good! Her big sister however is not doing so great.

Congratulations again Beth. Hope dd1 is feeling better soon. And glad you got some help while you was recovering. Good to hear moira is sound well 😃

DD1 is not coping well with the past week. I made a post about it in the toddler/preschooler parenting area because I am at a complete loss on how to help her.

Congratulations on your adorable new :pink: bundle and I hope that your recovery continues to go smoothly. :flower:

Don't worry some kids just react out of jealousy. She will get over it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->