Shiny nipples?

adellademona

Reaction score
Ok so a few days ago I reached into my bra to adjust the girls and felt some damp stickiness around my nipples. I excused myself to the bathroom to investigate and found that my nipples were shiny.

Anyone else experience this or know what it could be? I feel like it's too early to begin leaking, but this is my first. So I have no clue.

I have the same thing, also bits of white crust. I just assumed a very small amount of colostrum was leaking.

I *think* the little Montgomery tubercules around your areola also produce oil at this point to get ready for breastfeeding. Could be that x

I thought maybe that too Mrsmac, but for me the shininess (and crust) is only on my nipples, I don't see any on my areola. I got this with Sophie too but not till about 18-20 weeks.

I think I got it with DS but like you, not til much later on x

I'll have to bring it up to my OB next time I see him. I don't see it on my areola either, but that could be what it is because I didn't see it after I showered.

It's probably just a sign that your boobs are doing a good job of getting ready for baby :). I know mine is from colostrum, I also managed to squeeze a bit out and it looks exactly like it. It's weird having glossy nipples though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->