Shocked im here

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
I have only been off BCP a month. It took me eight or nine months of diligent, hardcore TTC with my last two. My situation then was totally different. I was a SAHM and married...but now things have changed. I am divorced (seperated almost two years now), i work FT as a CPS worker, and i have a DB, that i love dearly. We just bought a house and are fixing a couole of things up before we move in together. He has three children (two girls and a boy, ages 4, 6, and 8) and i have three children (two boys and a girl ages 3, 5, and 6).

I dont know how i feel...shocked, scared, but happy too. After going through basically every form of BC out there and having complications w it, i decided to ditch the BC and we decided whatever happens, happens. I was at a point of either shutting down the baby factory, permenantly, or have one more a few years down the road and then be done for good. I am honestly shocked the test was positive. With my last two, It took 8 or 9 cycles of charting madness, peeing on Sticks, OPKs, timing things, taking supplements to ov. I honestly did not believe an opsie would ever happen to me....i must sound so immature and dumb....but thats just been my experience...anyways, im happy but also afraid of the what-ifs...with all due respect to working moms, i am horrified at the idea of sending baby to daycare at six weeks old :'( but if i can figure a way around that, then i know we will both be happy.
Nonetheless, i am very surprised.

Congrats Guppy! I got my BFP first cycle off BCP too. My husband is still in shock because like you he was convinced it would easily take months. I guess our bodies just surprise us sometimes!

I wish I had advice on the daycare thing, but that is something I wonder about too. Do you have maternity leave with your job? Is it possible to extend it? Either way, other moms must do it and their babies turn out just fine. I have concluded that everything that has to do with babies can be a cause of worry. I just keep reminding myself to think positively.

You should come join our November group :)

Congrats Guppy! I got my BFP first cycle off BCP too. My husband is still in shock because like you he was convinced it would easily take months. I guess our bodies just surprise us sometimes!

I wish I had advice on the daycare thing, but that is something I wonder about too. Do you have maternity leave with your job? Is it possible to extend it? Either way, other moms must do it and their babies turn out just fine. I have concluded that everything that has to do with babies can be a cause of worry. I just keep reminding myself to think positively.

You should come join our November group :)
Thank you!

The law says we US women are allowed 12 weeks unpaid mat leave, however i cannot afford that. Im not even sure i can afford 6 weeks without pay. My mat leave is unpaid...ugh wish mr. President would work faster to get that paid mat leave lol

Do you have a link? Would love go join x

Looks like you found the November group :)

I'm in the US too and not too happy about the mat leave situation. We're originally from Canada where I would get almost a year (mat plus parental leave) and it would be partially paid (or fully for some jobs). Here I have a 25hr/wk job that doesn't even have benefits so anytime I take will be unpaid. I'm allowed to work from home whenever I want and make my own hours though so I don't think I'll need much time.

*UPDATE*
Pretty sure this one is a chemical...bright red blood and FRERs are consistently getting lighter. The idea of this baby was really growing on me...:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->