Shoes

marley2580

Reaction score
Kaya has quite small feet (3G) but she's already cruising and will, I think, take her first steps in the next week or so. So I wanted to get her a pair of shoes from Clarks so she can stand on the ground outside (I never have her in shoes atm and wouldn't have them on indoors), BUT they don't have any that fit her that aren't bright pink - and I mean really really pink. I also went to Brantanos and they were the same. Is she destined to a life without shoes!?! :muaha:

Dec takes a 3 and I have gotten him lots of shoes, but then it is mostly trainers, have you tried Pumpkin Patch, Barrotts start at a 3, and Baby Gap. Thats all I can think of at the moment but if I remember any more I will let you know xx

have you tried barrats? i think they do small shoes?!!

I've looked on the barratts website and they start at a 4, as do Brantano.

Rest assured that it wont be long until she is a size 4. Also, unfortunately, i've found that clarks will not fit a small child with shoes unless they are actually walking.

Hope you find some

xxx

If the shoes are just to explore outside as she's not walking yet, then get her the bright pink ones, i don't think she'll mind what colour they are lol. And if you think she'll be walking in the next couple of weeks, wait and buy her a pair then she'll probably have gone up to a 4 and you can get any colour you want x

If the shoes are just to explore outside as she's not walking yet, then get her the bright pink ones, i don't think she'll mind what colour they are lol. And if you think she'll be walking in the next couple of weeks, wait and buy her a pair then she'll probably have gone up to a 4 and you can get any colour you want x

It's not her that minds, it's me lol :baby::rofl: In Clarks they said that if she doesn't wear shoes normally then she should still get the 'cruising' shoes, even if she's walking, as the hard soled shoes can feel really weird and stop them walking. I'll probably just wait until I can get a non pink pair :dohh:

I have no faith in Clarks at all.
My eldest has very narrow feet, and our local clarkes "tried" to order in the correct width. 2 weeks later I get a call of we can't get any in his width ( they were in catalogue, just not stocked) and was advised to buy bigger size & pull the laces tighter. WTF I point blankly refuse to pay £30 for a pair of shoes t hat aren't even made in UK, but in China ( or somewhere) that don't even fit properly.

With my littlest, I waited till she was toddling, the went to get here feet measured. Tried to get her measured in clarks, but they were to busy chatting amongstt hemselves to ackniwledge me, let alone help, so took her to stead & simpson. Needn't have bothered lol cos they said she was a size 4 (which I actually thought she was), and then went and bought her a lovely pair of trainers in Shoe zone. THe soles are lovely, they are hard, but flexible, and she loves them. In fact when we took her to the park, she wouldn't hold hands!

I would maybe wait a few more weeks, and once she is more confident on her feet, think about getting hard soled shoes.

I got Charlotte some size 4s in the Clarkes discount shop for £12. I really wanted bright pink but couldn't find them! :lol: Hers are quite a dark purple though they had dark green and black patent in her size too.

I definitely wouldn't be buying shoes until your LO is properly walking. It's a waste of money really. Mine had those soft soled shoes (£5 from Mothercare kind) and they were fine for a little bit of walking about when they were cruising.

They only wore their first shoes for 6 weeks before we were onto the next size and that flies by!

Have you tried Charles Clinkard?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"