Shop assistant smacks 3 y/o!

Disgusting. My first reaction would have been to slap her as well. But really, I would probably shout some nasty words at her and call the police. I could see my husband doing what the mother did and walk out, but I wouldn't be able to just let that go!

I wouldn't of let it go until I'd been to the police and she was sacked at the very least! An apology would never of been enough for me. I think I'd of had to walk away, even for a moment or 2 to compose my thoughts though. She was probably right to walk away because instinct for a woman to protect her child is pretty feral and she could of ended up in prison rather than the person who actually did wrong.

I'd have raised merry hell in the store. I'd demand that the manager call the police, and I'd have approached other shoppers who witnessed the incident and asked them to give a report to the police.

I wouldnt have left that shop till the police came and every one in charge. And I would be tearing her a new one while shes waiting to. How could you just walk out bewildered? that child was assaulted ! if that woman had of hit an adult i bet she would have been sacked on the spot and bought up in court. The law needs to change to protect children.

Because of pure shock. I dont think my inial reaction would be to hit her or anything because Id be so in shock someone would do it. I think Id react like the woman did and think 'I should of called the police' after...

I would have a quick temper so would have ate her right away. And further more they apologised to the mum, what about the child they hit? and is that it then for assaulting a child? also daily fail comments are you surprised? I hate how this is acceptable to do to children like they are less people than adults.

I'm no expert but isn't spitting at someone considered to be common assault, so I don't buy the 'leaving a mark' explanation. There would be CCTV footage that should be considered before a decision is made. Something doesn't ring true to me on this story:

I'm not a violent person, but if a stranger hit my child, I would lay them out.

As for the comments from the Mail Online readers, zero surprises there. Not so long ago, a BnB member made the news due to a scumbag pouring beer over her LO's head in the family section of a Wetherspoons because her LO was crying. The green arrowed comments were basically saying they agreed with the scumbag and that she shouldn't have been in a pub with a child. I despair, I really do. :nope:

I read that last night on daily mail (if its the boots one) and there is no way I'd sit back and allow a stranger to discipline my child, how an earth did she get away with it though?

Surely if it had been an adult who was smacked something would've been done? :/

As for the comments from the Mail Online readers, zero surprises there. Not so long ago, a BnB member made the news due to a scumbag pouring beer over her LO's head in the family section of a Wetherspoons because her LO was crying. The green arrowed comments were basically saying they agreed with the scumbag and that she shouldn't have been in a pub with a child. I despair, I really do. :nope:

I know - usual crowd rearing their heads on the mail online. Just saddens me about the world my lo is coming into really with such horrible attitudes still so prevalent. I need to go cold turkey on the showbiz and stop exposing myself to these people!!

I know - usual crowd rearing their heads on the mail online. Just saddens me about the world my lo is coming into really with such horrible attitudes still so prevalent. I need to go cold turkey on the showbiz and stop exposing myself to these people!!

I'm always on daily mail for same reason you mentioned earlier lol but last night I didn't come across these comments

Whenever I read stories on The Sun or Daily Mail...I try not to look at the comments. They are always shocking and disgusting to a whole new level.

I think I would have called the manager over and the police there and then. If anyone hit my kid I'd go mental.

Hang on a minute. Yes, what the woman did was wrong and I'd certainly be taking it further. But a lot of you, MOST of you are saying you'd hit the woman back. Is that REALLY what you want to teach your children? Wow... over-reaction and some pretty scary intense reactions on this thread which quite frankly I think are way overboard.

It is entirely right to take it further with management etc even get the police involved. But wow... keyboard warrior much?

Hang on a minute. Yes, what the woman did was wrong and I'd certainly be taking it further. But a lot of you, MOST of you are saying you'd hit the woman back. Is that REALLY what you want to teach your children? Wow... over-reaction and some pretty scary intense reactions on this thread which quite frankly I think are way overboard.

It is entirely right to take it further with management etc even get the police involved. But wow... keyboard warrior much?

I think when most people see a stranger hitting their child, their primal instincts kick in and the first thing to cross their mind is to protect their child and if that means slapping the b*tch across the face, so be it.
I'm in no way a violent person WHATSOEVER, but if this happened to me, of course my first instinct would be to shove the cow out of the way and protect my daughter.

I think when most people see a stranger hitting their child, their primal instincts kick in and the first thing to cross their mind is to protect their child and if that means slapping the b*tch across the face, so be it.
I'm in no way a violent person WHATSOEVER, but if this happened to me, of course my first instinct would be to shove the cow out of the way and protect my daughter.

:thumbup:

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I have just as much primal instinct as any other Mother. But there is no way I would consider or even react by hitting/shoving another person. Makes you no better than them.

Are you seriously not bothered by some of the comments here? "I would've laid her out" "I'd be in jail" etc etc?

No one touches my child. I will do everything in my power to make sure that message is heard and if that means slapping a bitch to the ground then so be it. At the very least they'd get a torrent of abuse from me, the police called and I wouldn't leave the shop until the person in question was either sacked or at least suspended.

So no, I don't think it's an over reaction at all. What am I meant to do, stand there and say 'well actually could you not do that?' Um no. They'd be lucky if that's all they get.

I said I would take it further - as in speaking to the manager and/or the police. I would not have hit the person who did it but I certainly would have been giving her a piece of my mind.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I have just as much primal instinct as any other Mother. But there is no way I would consider or even react by hitting/shoving another person. Makes you no better than them.

Are you seriously not bothered by some of the comments here? "I would've laid her out" "I'd be in jail" etc etc?

Honestly, my gut instinct when I very first read it was 'I'd knock her out' but the more I thought about how I'd react in that situation, the more I think shock would take over primal instinct. I wouldn't of hit her, I'd of walked off, thought 'what the hell' then gone back and made a scene/phoned the police ect.

I do honestly think the gut instinct of most mothers would be to hit someone who hit their child. I mean, think about it from a biological perspective - you would want to protect your offspring if you preceived that a predator would harm them. At the end of the day, I think it's hard to say what you would do either way unless you've been in the situation.

I'm not saying it's the *right* thing to do, but I don't think it takes an overly aggressive person to lash out if their child is assaulted.

Personally I would want my child to see it. And I would hope my child would always take it to heart that you should always protect the weak and never stand by while someone is being abused. I totally believe in fighting back, never start a fight, but never be afraid to finish one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->