Shop assistant smacks 3 y/o!

But she didnt hurt the child the mother involved said itwas a light tap so unless she has now updated this to the woman actually punched her daughther my opinion will remain the same. If i was the mother id be angy yes but i wouldnt be demanding the woman was sacked.

Let's say you get into an argument at work and you lightly tap your coworker. Pretty sure you'd be fired.

I'm sorry but if you act aggressively at work you should be fired.

I was thinking about this while washing up last night and the way the shop assistant acted afterwards is probably where my feeling of 'she should definatley be sacked' is coming from. If I lost control while at work (not the job I do now, if I smacked someone at work now I'd be sacked straight away) and smacked a child, even lightly. As soon as I'd of done it I'd of said sorry and how I didnt know what had come over me ect. I'd of gone out of my way to make this right, even personally took the child a present and the mum some flowers to try and make it right. This woman hasn't even acknowledged what she has done and said she acted in empathy. She should be sacked, she has shown no remorse and not even attempted to apologise herself. I wouldn't want someone like that working for me.

If I were in the child's position and some store worker came up to me and said "you're acting naughty" and gave me a tap ANYWHERE, regardless of the force, I'd be fucking livid. That is just not acceptable for anyone of any age. If a coworker of mine lightly tapped a customer they'd be fired, I don't doubt that one bit.

On the other hand, if I were shopping in a store and an employee came up to me and said "well aren't you pretty!" and tapped me affectionately on the top of the head I'd probably think it was pretty weird and get away from them as soon as possible, but I wouldn't complain or make a fuss because the intent was not to cause harm or discipline me.

How comes one minute it says she was talking to a staff member when another member hit her child but then goes on to say it was the one helping her find a product that hit her.

How comes one minute it says she was talking to a staff member when another member hit her child but then goes on to say it was the one helping her find a product that hit her.

Doesnt really matter does it, since the assistant has already admitted to what she did? Its not like she is lying :shrug:

Doesnt really matter does it, since the assistant has already admitted to what she did? Its not like she is lying :shrug:

Just asking a simple question as the article is written rather badly and confused as ti what one actualy hit the child.
Im not one for believing every detail especialy if it seems to contradict itself

Just asking a simple question as the article is written rather badly and confused as ti what one actualy hit the child.
Im not one for believing every detail especialy if it seems to contradict itself

Exactly- its probably just the way its been reported rather than what the mother quoted :shrug:

Exactly- its probably just the way its been reported rather than what the mother quoted :shrug:

Yes sorry my questioning was rather a "is it contradicting itself or am I just missreading it" more then a whis telling the truth sort of thing.

But she didnt hurt the child the mother involved said itwas a light tap so unless she has now updated this to the woman actually punched her daughther my opinion will remain the same. If i was the mother id be angy yes but i wouldnt be demanding the woman was sacked.

I am sorry but how can you say what you would feel like? it is very different when it is your child and you are watching, all your defenses go up and I don't care if it was King Kong you would have the strength to kick his ass, because your protection of your child makes fear non existent. So really you can't say what you what have done or what you would have wanted to happen to this person, you can have an opinion , but really do any of us know what we would do? I mean I know i would have smacked her , but after calming down I don't really know what i would do, I say what i think I would do, but who really knows..:flower:

I am sorry but how can you say what you would feel like? it is very different when it is your child and you are watching, all your defenses go up and I don't care if it was King Kong you would have the strength to kick his ass, because your protection of your child makes fear non existent. So really you can't say what you what have done or what you would have wanted to happen to this person, you can have an opinion , but really do any of us know what we would do? I mean I know i would have smacked her , but after calming sown I don't really know what i would do, I say what i think I would do, but who really knows..:flower:

:thumbup:

Ive just been speaking to my Mum about this. Now, my Mums in her 60's so the 'older generation' as one of the PP keeps saying :wacko:

Anyway, as a child I was smacked- I was given a few good clouts :dohh: and yet my Mum still agreed with me- its not the done thing in this day an age, and back then, it was never acceptable to smack another persons child. Its assalt, its as simple as that to me.

Ive just been speaking to my Mum about this. Now, my Mums in her 60's so the 'older generation' as one of the PP keeps saying :wacko:

Anyway, as a child I was smacked- I was given a few good clouts :dohh: and yet my Mum still agreed with me- its not the done thing in this day an age, and back then, it was never acceptable to smack another persons child. Its assalt, its as simple as that to me.

Even my Dad, who is all for giving kids a good hiding, said its wrong. Well, he didnt use those words, but I don't think i can repeat what he said on here :haha:

Smacking is assault. Whether you are smacking your own child, smacking someone elses or smacking an adult - it is committing assault.

Assualt is a criminal offence and the police should have done more than they did - which was nothing - and she should have been sacked.

She would have been sacked outright if her behaviour was seen by Boots as gross misconduct. Otherwise, she would have to be given a warning first.

Apparently Boots doesn't consider an employee smacking a toddler as gross misconduct:shrug:

She would have been sacked outright if her behaviour was seen by Boots as gross misconduct. Otherwise, she would have to be given a warning first.

Apparently Boots doesn't consider an employee smacking a toddler as gross misconduct:shrug:

I'd hate to think what lengths an assistant has to go to for it to be considered gross misconduct in that case :wacko:

I'd hate to think what lengths an assistant has to go to for it to be considered gross misconduct in that case :wacko:

:thumbup:
Shame on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"