short cervix and potruding membranes?

well the appointment went better than i expected.because i still have 28mm of cervix and the funneling was obviously caught early its not too bad.i have a previa so i am unable to have a stitch but i am on progesterone which apparently is meant to be as good as a stitch(its an internal pessary i have to do twice a day and it keeps the cervix strong ect.)i am on two antibiotics and a blood pressure medication that stops uterus muscle tightening and he told me i at least have to stay home from work til my appointment with him in two weeks.i will do anything i can to keep this bub safe but honestly even though i try with a two year old at home i would probably get much more rest at work sitting down not getting up cos there will be the other girl i work with to pass me things and look after me!so wel see.thanks for all your support ladies

I'm happy to hear that everything is still okay and your prognosis sounds good. Was worried for you and I'm happy to hear that you are holding strong.

Hi! I am sorry to hear you are having to go through all this worry MM, but your doctor's appointment seemed to go positively today and it seems you have a strong wee boy in there.

xxx

:winkwink::dohh:Hi, i now you posted this a few days ago but thought i might be able to calm your nerves!
I had a stitch put in at 22+6 weeks as my cervix, which was short to begin with at only 21 mm had shortened and funnelled to just 10mm!
I was taken straight into hospital and put on antibiotics, and the stitch was put in the next day. I was also put on weekly progesterone injections.
I am now 32+6 days and am booked in for the stitch removing in 3 weeks.
Although i havent reached term or had the baby yet, i am very close which shows that the stitch really does work. You have to listen to what the drs tell you, rest really does mean rest!
Hope this reassures you a bit

hey guys..i posted a brand new thread but thought id update this one incase u didnt see it..my scan went great..due to the bed rest and progesterone my cervix has LENGTHENED to 33mm!!!!there was no apparent funneling left however my placenta is still very very low and the internal scan showed some very big blood vessels right on my cervix down very low so if it doesnt move by about 33 weeks its getting a bit dangerous and the minute i feel a single labour pain i will have to be whipped in for my ceaser early..id say wel probably move the ceaser date to 37 weeks rather than 39 weeks to avoid this from happening unless it moves before then!so good news mostly..still have to stay on bed rest til i see the doc next tuesday week =(
and on a big positive he is 110% a boy!!the sonogropher says she rarely says 100% as there is always a chance it could be swollen girls bits but we got a nice close clear as day underneath view of the whole package that cant be mistaken.lol.so no more doubt!!and it was fantastic cos the lovely lady did a 4D scan as well so i got to see bubs gorgeous chubby legs and hands and face but the cord was across his forhead so the face was a bit distorted due to cord interference..but it was great!thanks for all your support ladies you have been wonderful xoxox

:winkwink::dohh:Hi, i now you posted this a few days ago but thought i might be able to calm your nerves!
I had a stitch put in at 22+6 weeks as my cervix, which was short to begin with at only 21 mm had shortened and funnelled to just 10mm!
I was taken straight into hospital and put on antibiotics, and the stitch was put in the next day. I was also put on weekly progesterone injections.
I am now 32+6 days and am booked in for the stitch removing in 3 weeks.
Although i havent reached term or had the baby yet, i am very close which shows that the stitch really does work. You have to listen to what the drs tell you, rest really does mean rest!
Hope this reassures you a bit

hey hun.thanks for your post :hugs: unfortunatly a stitch is not an option for me as my placenta is far far too low and the risk of infection is too great as the first place the infection would reach would be the placenta..but the progesterone pesseries seems to be be strengthening my cervix well and i am on them til 32 weeks so hopefully they keep doing their job!xo

Sending oodles of hugs and glad to hear that things are looking more positive now make sure you keep resting missus xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->