Short Cycles and Short LP

maudie1979

Reaction score
Greetings all. I'm looking for words of advice, people who will share their experiences, and trials, and maybe just words of encouragement...Here is my story. I have 4 living children, the oldest being identical twins. I had my tubes tied with baby #4. I regretting this terribly. So in January of 2013 I had surgery to have them reversed. Got pregnant in February. Turns out that there were two babies again. However one was in my left tube. I had surgery to remove the left tube and that same night I miscarried the one in the uterus. Doc said that likely happened due to the trauma of the internal bleeding from the ectopic. In April I became pregnant again and then miscarried in May. Since then, there has been no more unfortunate evens, but no baby either. My cycle is 25 days long. And I am ovulating around day 15 of my cycle (give or take a day or two). This leaves my LP at only 10 or 11 days. My cycle has had 5 months to normalize since the last miscarriage, so I am pretty sure this is normal for me now. I hear that short LP such as mine are going to make it very difficult to become and maintain a pregnancy.
Can anyone give me their experiences on this??? Please and thanks!

Thanks for sharing.... I have a short cycle as well, 26 days. I am interested in hearing what everyone has to say about it. I ovulate around day 14-15 so AF is only 11-12 days from that. I stupidly thought it might mean I get a positive test earlier. I am guessing not now

Hi ladies,

I have a 27-28 day cycle and a 11 day leutal phase. I have had 2 pregnancies and fell pregnant pretty quickly within 3 months with both.

good luck girls xxx

I also have short cycles, averaging 23 days, sometimes I have a LP ranging somewhere around 7 days! Your doctor can correct this with progesterone suppositories. I am on crinone w/ all of my cycles while i TTC.

I believe I've read that B-vitamins and red raspberry leaf tea can help to lengthen your LP a little bit.

I have 25-26 day cycles and my LP is 12-13 days. Sometimes I get unlucky and get a short LP month, but usually its 12-13 days.

OP- do you temp or use opks to know exactly when you O?

10 day LP is within norm, it's when it's continuously shorter than 10 days there can be something to look into.

Electricat - I love your statement in your signature:
"Relax and ignore it's not a sign of pregnancy - PMS has the exact same symptoms"

:thumbup: But its still so hard! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->