Short cycles... looking for buddies.

AllMacsNow

Surprise! Preggo!
Reaction score
I was looking at some of the "Cycle Day X and looking for a buddy" threads, and was going to chime in, but then realized my cycles are so short that I'd be out of the group by next month... so I thought I'd start my own.

Anyone else have short cycles? I mean, really short, like 23 days, usually?

Last month, I was 29 days and CONVINCED it must have been my :bfp:, because it was SO late... which must sound funny to most people, because 29 should be normal, but I can't even remember the last time mine was that long.

Anyone know *why* short cycles would happen, or does it hurt my chances for a bfp?

Hi. My cycles are 22 days. I have always had shortish cycles 21-25 but mine seem to be very regular. Period lasts 2 days, ov on day 12, period on day 23. Your luteal phase should be between 12-14 days mine is 10 anything under 10 is a problem as the egg does not have time to implant properly. I am trying to lengthen mine using vb6 and accunpunture 2 nd month trying.
Phew all the details out the way lol
the one good thing about having short cycles is that we get to try again quickly. Have you been to your doctor about it, mine just dismiss it.
I know what you mean about being a couple of days over and thinking you must be pregnant yet everyone else is still inthat cycle and you have to move on alone.
Sorry for rambleing on. Hope your doing ok x

I have 23-24 day cycles with a 2 day period - not sure exactly when I Ovulate but tend to get symptoms around day 13. We're not actively TTC until July so I'll be starting B6 to try to increase my LP which I think must be 9 or 10 days at the moment. I've ordered a CBFM so I'm just waiting on AF now so that I can start.

I'll be also trying baby aspirin as it's supposed to increase the uterine lining, giving baby a nice soft "bed"

Good luck and babydust!

My are usually between 25 and 28. I'm on day27 today and as yet nothing but trying not to get excited. I usually ov day 12 and only have 2 day period and it's not very heavy

Thanks for the replies, guys... I'm glad to hear I'm not completely alone. I wish my periods were that short... even with a 23 day cycle, my period is usually 4-5 days.

I hadn't thought about the length of my Luteal Phase, for implantation purposes, but will definitely pay attention this month. I KNEW there had to be a problem with being this short... it just doesn't make sense.

This is my first month charting, so I'm interested to see how it all breaks down. I'm currently waiting to O, not very patiently.

Hulagirl, I have only been TTC for a few weeks, but if this Luteal Phase thing is going to be an issue, I'll definitely see my Dr. A few times in my life, my cycles got so short they were happening every 2 weeks, and I saw my Dr. both times for that, but their solution was to put me on the pill to regulate my cycles... not exactly what I am looking for anymore, you know?

Lots of :dust: to you all, and I'd love updates... it's nice to hear from people in the same boat.

FXed for you, Floridasun, that your CD27 means :bfp:!

I was looking at some of the "Cycle Day X and looking for a buddy" threads, and was going to chime in, but then realized my cycles are so short that I'd be out of the group by next month... so I thought I'd start my own.

Anyone else have short cycles? I mean, really short, like 23 days, usually?

Last month, I was 29 days and CONVINCED it must have been my :bfp:, because it was SO late... which must sound funny to most people, because 29 should be normal, but I can't even remember the last time mine was that long.

Anyone know *why* short cycles would happen, or does it hurt my chances for a bfp?

My cycles are anywhere from 22 to 25 days. I have been TTC for three months now, experienced a MC in 2010. Feels like I will never get pregnant. I am about 6DPO and have been having mild cramping for over a week, breast are engorged and having scattered headaches.... WIll be testing around the 5th of July. Don't feel very hopeful though because my body seems to play tricks on me.:wacko:

:dust: to you, stephlid... my cycle seems to be lengthening a 'bit'... 26 days last cycle, and if my LP stays the same, it'll be 26 or 27 this cycle too...

:dust: to you, stephlid... my cycle seems to be lengthening a 'bit'... 26 days last cycle, and if my LP stays the same, it'll be 26 or 27 this cycle too...

Great! SO glad to hear! Any advice on what I can do to help lengthen my cycle? I am taking a daily prenatal vitamin but it is not helping. Lots of low cramping today but I took a 10dpu early pregnancy test but negative... maybe I am just getting ahead of myself! So anxious.... Really hoping this time

Wish I could tell you. Not sure why mine's doing this. It's been up and down my whole life.

How long is your LP?

Give yourself a few days, maybe that test will turn up +. FXed for you :D

I think it is about 11 days. I think I read that b6 is supposed to help... I think I am going to call my doctor and see if that is okay. :) I like this forum already!

I think it is about 11 days. I think I read that b6 is supposed to help... I think I am going to call my doctor and see if that is okay. :) I like this forum already!

I have heard that too... but also heard that 11 days is ok. Check out all the preggo ladies in this thread: https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/526517-11-day-luteal-phase.html :D

People here are SUPER friendly, and way knowledgeable. Glad you found us :D

Just for reassurance...my cycle was 22-25 days and I got pregnant within 6 months. My LP was 9-11 days.

Good luck girls xxx

Just got AF :( BUT my cycle was 25 days this time! So, that is much better! Going to start temping in the morning to see if I am actually ovulating. I guess we will have to see how that goes!

Thanks for starting this post, I have a shortish cycle 25 days and four days AF but I think it's good as it means we can move through the TCC journey quicker :)

This is only my 3rd month off BCP I used OPKs for the first time last month and I think my LH is 14 days. Really hope I get my BFP soon!

Good luck ladies xxxx

Baby2012, Good luck on your TTC journey! I have been TTC for three months and just got my AF so will start trying for month #4 SOON! Hope this is the one!! Baby dust to you!

Baby2012, Good luck on your TTC journey! I have been TTC for three months and just got my AF so will start trying for month #4 SOON! Hope this is the one!! Baby dust to you!

Aw thanks Steph :hugs: wishing you a quick and easy TTC journey too. This is our second month trying and I just got my AF too. CD5 for me so looking forward to :sex: and getting that :bfp:

Dust to you too xxxxx

Hi ladies I have always had short cycles 21-25 days I normally ov around cycle day 8
I have 2 teens.
I don't think it matters as long ad it is 21 days or longer- but more importantly is you lp it should be longer then 10 days so implantation can occur

What cycle day are you ladies on? I'm on cycle day 4 hopefully gonna ov by the weekend

I know when I join other day 1 threads I ov anf d get af before everyone else mind you my lp is 14-16 days so if I join those one I get it the same time as everyone else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->