Short Luteal Phase Ladies in the TWW?

alikat27

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I was wondering if there were any others with a short luteal phase (LP) currently in the TWW? I know it's a different wait for us because everyone else is like "I'm testing on Monday!" and we're just praying the witch won't get us before Monday :) I thought it would be a good idea to have a support group for each other, discuss LP lengthening experiences, and deal with not knowing when (if ever) we'll get to test.

About me:

LP length: Somewhere between 7-9 days. It varies, so that freaks me out. My most recent LP was 7 days with spotting on 7dpo.

Medications: I'm taking Vitex (lengthening LP, balancing hormones), Vitamin B6 (yes I know I should be taking the complex but I only found that out after I ordered 2 bottles of the B6 and I'm too cheap to waste them :D), and Red Raspberry Leaf (balancing hormones). This is my first cycle on the B6 and Vitex, so we'll see how things go. I really wanted to try lengthening the LP by using herbs to naturally balance out my hormones before going for any medications.

Progesterone: Had progesterone tested at 3dpo; came back at 10.1 ng/mL.

Currently: 7dpo and TERRIFIED! Last cycle this was where my spotting began and period hit at 8dpo, so I'm going to be checking like a mad woman today. I had some spotting at 5dpo and was worried because it looked just like my typical pre-period spotting, but it only lasted 2 hours and no spotting at all since then. So fingers crossed it was maybe implantation?? Now I just need my cycle to hold out long enough for the HCG to build up and knock off the :witch:!

Testing: Saturday (10dpo) if AF doesn't get me before then.

Prayers and baby dust for all you other LPers in the TWW with me!

I'm so glad to see this post! :happydance:

Here's a bit about my short LP.

I've had 28 day cycles for a long time (with slight 2 day variations). Only this month I started using OPKs to see when I actually ovulate.

Turns out I ovulate around CD 22, out of a 28 day cycle :cry:

AF should be here on the 20th of Feb if my LP is really this short. And I am absolutely petrified. I'm even okay with being several days late, but I'm afraid she'll come right on time.

I bought a vit. B complex, a B6 supplement, a folic acid supplement and I'm watching a Vitex pack on eBay. I haven't started taking any of them. I will once AF arrives (as I bet she will :coffee:).

A support group sounds like a great idea! I'd love to hear about success stories, similar struggles, new methods and so on.

Baby dust to everyone :dust:

And THANK YOU for starting this thread! <3 :flower:

Welcome, PatriNina! Thanks for sharing your story! I'm so sorry you have to go through this, though. 28-day cycles sound so good in theory, right?! :)

I'll be interested to hear your experience with the B-vitamins and Vitex. I know Vitex is supposed to be slow-working, so I'm going to keep it up for a few cycles at least. Fingers crossed that it works for you!

AFM--I've checked CM twice today. Had pale pink spotting when I first checked (NOOOO!) but nothing 2.5 hours later. I'm so confused because normally spotting means AF the very next day, but I had spotting on Monday (5dpo) and it only lasted a couple of hours and then went away completely. Praying praying praying that this is the case today!

I'm also supposed to hear from my doctor at some point today re. my last progesterone draw. More waiting to add to the list :)

So which part of Romania are you from? One of my best friends is from Moldova :)

Next month I'll try to get into an appointment with a doctor to check my progesterone levels. I had some trouble with that when I was still very young (about 13 years old). Hope natural ways work before getting to medical stuff. Our insurance won't cover anything :(

Hope your spotting stops and AF doesn't show so soon! I'd be happy if it didn't show up at all and you'd get your BFP <3

Oh how cool! I'm from the other side of the country! I live in Oradea, but my husband has a grandma in Moldova! Awesome places to visit!

Hi alikat27, did the doctor follow up on your progesterone yesterday?
I was curious to ask you if Vitex had any side effects on you so far?

I personally am a wreck today. I started cramping (pretty similar to AF cramps). I just feel like I'll burst into tears tomorrow if she comes. It will mean that I have a 6 day LP, so there would be no chance for a little bean to stick! :cry:

Hope she stays away! :growlmad:

Hey PatriNina! No call from the docs yesterday, which I'm sad about. Up until now they've been really great, but this week I had blood drawn on Saturday and it's now Thursday and I haven't heard from them (except to say "She'll call you back"). Lucky I can call the labs myself and I know how to Google results :D

I'm sorry that you're having cramps! The feel of impending AF is the absolute worst :( I'm sorry about that. Praying she stays away from you! But at least if she comes, you can immediately get started on your Vitex/vitamin B.

As for how it's affecting me... well it's only 8dpo so I still have a chance of getting AF today, but I'm hoping it will stay away! Had spotting twice yesterday but both times it was very small amounts and both times it went away. No spotting yet this morning and temps went up (woohoo!) so I'm hopeful that the medicines are doing their jobs! Can it just be Saturday already?? I think I'll do at least one test then if AF hasn't shown.

Fingers crossed for when you test <3 and awesome news on the temps!

PatriNina, did the :witch: get you yet? Hoping not!!

She hasn't gotten me yet either! And temps went up WAY high again this morning. I'm cautiously optimistic, but hubby's been sick, so there's a possibility they're just high because I'm getting sick. Hahaha oh well.

Had some odd spotting (of a type) this morning... it's like a deep yellow-tan color, definitely no red, so not really sure what to make of that. Possibly old blood could be making it dark though... noooo! Stay away, AF!

Well cramping stopped (or it is unnoticeable) and it's about 5 PM.

We'll see how it goes but I have my fingers and toes crossed :haha: for us both <3

I haven't had any unusual discharge so don't know what that could be.

Let's hope AF is a no show! :flower:

Hi!

Im new here! Hope to find some advice/support

My info:
ovidrel (hcg shot) on feb 3
feb 4 no symptoms
feb 5 low back pain (I get this when Im ovulating)
feb 6 I count it as 1dpo
feb 10 - 5dpo light brown discharge very light, my doctor told me to start progesterone 200 vaginal
6dpo spotting
7dpo spotting
8 dpo spotting
9dpo spotting
10 dpo spotting
11dpo spotting (all days just a little and light brown)
12 dpo bloating/gassy, no more spotting
13 dpo bloating/gassy BFN :shrug: (too early)
14 dpo bloating/gassy, BFN again, now I have a watery discharge no color, it comes down I think is AF, but no, just wet underwears.
15 dpo - today - watery discharge

I am still on progesterone, have to wait until monday my doctor said, to test, if negative will stop progesterone, if positive yeeiii continues!

My lutheal phase has been on 6 days (too short), I used progesterone before, start spotting and then AF arrived. That is the difference this time, that AF didnt arrived after spoting.

you see any hope for me?

I don't have any experience (or knowledge) about hcg shots. I guess they trigger ovulation to happen?

At 14 dpo the pregnancy test should show a result but I guess it depends on how fast the hormone builds up in your body...

Fingers crossed for you <3 Hope this is your month!

Welcome, Lil!

I have absolutely zero experience with either HCG shots or progesterone, but honestly in the absence of AF there is always hope! Some ladies don't show until 16dpo or even later, and that's perfectly normal.

At this point, if you're in contact with your doctor, it may be a good idea to ask if you should have your blood tested (for progesterone/other things as well as HCG), just to see if the meds are working as your doctor has expected? Either way, 6-day LP to at least 14-day LP is fantastic! Fingers crossed and baby dust to you... keep us updated!

So today I've had some dull cramping. Don't even think I should call it cramping. It feels more like a fullness in my lower abdomen.

And I took a nap at 5 PM (regulating my sleep pattern to be in tune with hubby that works the night shift this week) and I woke up because of a hot flash. It passed once I was out of bed but it felt like I was getting a nasty cold that instant.

I'm ok now. It's 10 PM so I'd count 7 dpo with no AF :happydance:

Hope she stays away!! :coffee:

How are you girls doing?

Hii

just updating..

no AF yet, my Dr said to test on monday....
I hope is not just the progesterone stoping AF to come..

no symptoms

Hi ladies! Glad to hear the :witch: has stayed away from you both so far :) that's such great news!

AFM, no AF yet either! This is crazy. I'm now at the end of 10dpo. Had some brown spotting last night and this morning, the heaviest I've had so far, and i was sure AF was coming but I haven't had any more today at all! And I've been checking compulsively.

My temps are up up up but I'm trying not to be too hopeful.

At the very least, I'm very happy with the Vitex and B6! In one cycle, I've gone from a 7-day LP to 10 days and counting!

That's amazing progress Alikat! <3 Hoping for even better news when we all test!

Hi Alikat! So happy for you! Great news!!

On my side I am 17 dpo and couldnt resist, so I tested and got another bfn.

Tomorrow I am scheduled for blood test, that is my last hope, if negative, I have to drop the progesterone and AF should come.

Hi ladies

I too have a short LP (10 days). I know this isn't as short as some but it is the min that doctors like. I worry that this was the cause of my early MC in December. I have a 28 day cycle, but I always start spotting 2 days before AF is due (about 9 dpo). I am having a day 21 progesterone blood test on Tuesday to help ease my mind and if there is an issue then hopefully it can be fixed soon.
Wishing every one the best of luck and lots of :dust:

Welcome to the "party" Trying4first1 :)

sorry for your loss. Hope your blood test gives you some answers. I'm thinking of going for a test soon too. We'll see how this cycle goes.

Do you always spot before AF?

Best of luck to you too! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"