Short Luteal Phase Ladies in the TWW?

Welcome to the "party" Trying4first1 :)

sorry for your loss. Hope your blood test gives you some answers. I'm thinking of going for a test soon too. We'll see how this cycle goes.

Do you always spot before AF?

Best of luck to you too! <3

Hi PatriNina! Thank you for your kind words :flower: I really hope so too. Would rather know now than months down the line if there is anything wrong. You should definitely have one down if it puts your mind at ease :thumbup:

I always spot 2 days before AF. This started happening the month Before my :bfp: (3 months after stopping BC) and has now been the same ever since. I have heard that it is a sign of progesterone levels dropping off early. If this is the case sustaining a pregnancy would be very difficult.
Since my Mc i now have only one heavy day of bleeding. So i have the spotting 2 days before then spot for 5 days after.

How long have you been TTC for?
Thank you and to you <3

We've been NTNP since we got engaged in Feb 2014, and we've been actively TTC since August 2014 when we got married :happydance:

It could have happened a bunch of times since then, so I'm guessing something must be wrong :nope:

This month I started using OPK testing and found out I ovulate very late in my cycle. Hoping for the best for now :thumbup: And in a few months we'll get some testing done (although I dread it).

How did you approach your doctor? I have in mind to tell him just what I've researched and observed during my cycles of tracking, and what I think might be the problem (short LP and low progesterone). I'm just afraid he'll think I'm just an obsessed freak and tell me to keep trying for a while and then come back.

Thanks for sharing your story :hugs:

Lil_Want2bMom Update if you have any news <3 Hope the test gives you some good news

Thank you PatriNina!

How long have you been trying? Because usually dr says that you have to be trying for at least one year for 3 times per week, before approaching any issues

But since my brother manage a fertility clinic, my day and brother both are obgyn
My d lr has treated me for my short LP since the beginning
I have been trying for 7.5 months

We've been NTNP since we got engaged in Feb 2014, and we've been actively TTC since August 2014 when we got married :happydance:

It could have happened a bunch of times since then, so I'm guessing something must be wrong :nope:

This month I started using OPK testing and found out I ovulate very late in my cycle. Hoping for the best for now :thumbup: And in a few months we'll get some testing done (although I dread it).

How did you approach your doctor? I have in mind to tell him just what I've researched and observed during my cycles of tracking, and what I think might be the problem (short LP and low progesterone). I'm just afraid he'll think I'm just an obsessed freak and tell me to keep trying for a while and then come back.

Thanks for sharing your story :hugs:

OPKs are definitely good to use, maybe now you know you are ovulating later you may have some luck! I have heard a few stories about women who had been missing ovulation, started using OPKs and soon got their :bfp:. Finger crossed for you!:thumbup:

I went to my doctor and he told me to try for a bit longer and thought the luteal phase thing was rubbish (I don't see how?) He said not to come back until I've been trying for 15 months! I am having the blood test done privately at a fertility clinic. I am hoping that the results come back ok and that it means things will just take while and nothing more. But on the other hand if its a progesterone issue at least it can be resolved very easily and it saves me waiting another 6 months to find out that something so small was stopping us from conceiving.

Thanks for also sharing your story :hugs:

Lil_Want2bMom we've been trying actively for 7 months now, but I wouldn't go to a fertility clinic straight away. I'd just like to get some answers through some blood tests. I just think any doctor will look at me weird for telling him exactly what I want to test for haha. Seems like we're in the same boat as far as TTC goes :)

Trying4first1 Oh you got the exact response that I don't want from a doctor haha! It's hard to try every cycle and be aware that something (fixable) is stopping you.

Oh well our future babies are worth all the trouble! <3

It's 8 PM, I'm at 8dpo and no AF in sight. I've had some symptoms today but it may be just my mind playing tricks on me. I'm really getting my hopes up!

But even if this isn't my month, at least my LP isn't so drastically short as I thought! Yaiii <3

alikat27 Hope you update us! If you're now at 11 dpo with no AF that's all kinds of great news!

Welcome, Trying4First1! Wishing you and Lil best of luck with your tests this week. Lil, 17dpo and no AF sounds good to me! I'm so hoping that you get your positive!

PatriNina sounds like you're having a good cycle too! 8dpo sounds so much better than 6 :)

As for me, I've been staying away because i have no idea what's going on with me. I had some red blood flow last night (no spotting on my pad but there were a few drops in the toilet water, sorry tmi) and i was so sure that AF had come. But then I've had like NO flow today. I've been wearing a light tampon and there had been nothing until a red spot at like 5pm tonight (11dpo). All tests have come back negative so far, and I'm not sure whether this could be implantation or just a really extended beginning to AF. So here's to the eternal state of confusion that is TTC life!

Oh Alikat, I totally get you.
But it sounds to me like implantation..! Lets hope for the best!!

Try not to test again until at least 14dpo, just to give it some time.

Its almost 9pm here, so I will post tomorrow...

Alikat hope what you're getting is IB <3

I caved this morning... and tested with SMU on a cheapie and it was white as snow :dohh: It's 9 dpo and the only consistent part of my symptoms are some dull cramps here and there :coffee:

So the score is: Patri 0 - POAS addiction 1 :blush:

So 9 dpo and AF is here at 3 PM :growlmad:

I felt the give away symptom just half an hour before checking. And there she was :nope: I'm just... bleah! She just waited for me to take a pregnancy test in order to completely ruin my day :cry:

Anyway, it seems this is CD 1 and I'm going with:
-125mg B6/per day
- 5 mg folic Acid/day
- Vit B complex (a light version) each day.

I'm so mad at my body. I don't even know how to count this. Is it a 8 day or 9 day LP? Whatever... I'm just... whatever :cry:

Good luck, girls! I'll be around sometimes <3

Oh PatriNina sorry AF came!

Well every cycle is a new opportunity!

Updates from me, they took my blood sample few minutes ago

In 90 minutes I should receive the results by email.

Lets hope for the best!

PatriNina, boooo for AF! That's so rotten. What a pain, but I'm very excited for you to start up your herbal regime. I think if AF came on day 9, it's an 8-day LP, but hopefully the meds can stretch you out to at least 10 or 11 days? Praying for you!

Lil, I'm anxiously awaiting your blood test results. What a blessing to get the results back so quickly! Praying that they're good for you!

My daily update is coming to you from my cozy couch, where I'm all rugged up for the day because I've been nauseous and vomiting since 11pm Sunday. Bleugh, I hate vomiting. It's so tempting to think it's morning sickness, but the puking seems to happen because there IS food in my stomach, not because there's none. My temps were crazy high this morning,and I'm going to discount them because of sickness and really inconsistent temp time (I took it at 4am haha whoops. Bit tricky when i couldn't go back to sleep!). Spotted a bunch this morning but haven't had anything since 7am, so I still don't know what AF is doing. Gahhhhh my body!

And to make it all worse, all I want to do is watch White Collar since I'm stuck at home all day, but hubby won't let me get ahead of him. Haha. Anyone have some good Netflix recommendations for the bored and queasy?!

Lil hope your results come with good news!

Ali I'm into old shows, and I like rewatching Supernatural and Dr.House so I'm no help at all :) hope these promising symptoms of yours bring you a lovely BFP. It's awesome that your LP has this length now :)

Hi Alikat!
ohhh those symptomssss... all my best wishes are with you!! =)

have you seen Homeland and House of Cards!? if not, do it!

Im here waitinggggg... heheh Alikat how long does it take there for the results?

also girls, where are you from ?

I am from Panama (Central America, Panama Canal)

30 minutes more and I should have the results..!

Thank you both for yor best wishes!

I'm from Romania

Transylvania :devil: (couldn't find a vampire emoticon) :laugh2:

I'd like to travel to where you live :thumbup:

PatriNina,

I went to Romania on 1999, my cousin´s mother and grandparents are from romania!

They live in Deva.

Also went to Tansylvania to the castles! I think, Hunedoara, Petrosani (dont if I wrote it ok), dont remember where else heheh

Still havent get my resultssss........

Aww that's awesome! Hope you enjoyed these places :) You wrote perfectly

Small world :)

Hope you get them quick!

Yes, small world!

so my dr called...

BFN..

so now I have to stop the progesterone and wait for AF to come and start again..!

With every cycle a new opportunity awaits!

Alikat, please keep us updated! =)

Love your positivity Lil :)

I hope it rubs off on me haha

On to our next try :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4