Short Luteal Phase Ladies in the TWW?

Ali you're my best bet in finding out if this is normal.

When I first bought the folic acid, I took it for 3 days and on the third day I took a B6 pill and a pill from the vit.B complex. That's it. Now TMI is the fact that I had very frequent bowel movements even days after I stopped.

Now yesterday CD 1 I took this combination again and it instantly happened, and today it's happening too even though I didn't take the pills today.

Did it happen the same to you when you started? I'm almost afraid to take them. It's getting painful.

I just don't know what to do :cry: I'm just in a big hurry to get pregnant. And I want to do anything to help this happen.

With AF, these TMI symptoms and the thought that I'll be missing this cycle due to my SO not being home during my fertile period... I just want to go hide under a rock and cry :cry:

Aww PatriNina! I'm so sorry you're going through that. It sounds awful! I didn't have any of those symptoms at all, but it doesn't sound good to me. I would look at how much B6 you're taking. If there's 50-100 in the complex pill, you may not even need to take the extra one? I've been taking 100/day and it's been fine with my system.

I don't know whether or not the problem has to do with folic acid, but I've never heard anything bad about that. So I would suspect the problem is the B6. I've heard stories where some girls have to play around with the dose before finding something that works for their bodies? So long as you're keeping up the Vitex at least, a smaller dose of B6 shouldn't be too much of a problem. I think. If in doubt, I'd go talk to your ob/gyn.

So update... I'm definitely out, ladies. AF hit with a vengeance Monday night. I've been doing some reading online and it says to count the first day of AF as when you get your first day of red blood flow, so for me that was Saturday night... putting my LP at 9(.5) days (booooooo!). So even though it was just light spotting until Monday night, I'm going with that.

In good news, stomach flu is now gone! Thank goodness. I'm glad it was the flu and not morning sickness because I don't know that I could've put up with weeks and weeks of that! Eesh. One day, we'll all be pregnant and we'll remember that we ASKED for the nausea... hahaha :)

So back to more waiting... for O day! What day do you guys normally O? I'm usually around 19-20, so far Vitex/Vit B haven't done anything to bring that forward yet...

I dont know either

but I take folic acid 5mg long ago, and dont have any of those symptoms..

I started spotting today, so AF should be around the corner for me. Hopefully today is CD1

Hello Ladies!

Mind if I join? Up until yesterday I thought I had a 14 day LP.. come to find out its actually between 7-10 days and I am ovulating on day 25 instead of 20.. Guess this explains (partially) why I haven't gotten pregnant yet! My journey started in May 2014 when I was officially diagnosed with PCOS. From May until August we were NTNP then in August we went to see an RE and really started trying. I was prescribed Metformin (2000mg) and have been on it since. Before I started the Met my periods were ALL over the place my longest being over 100 days which was then induced with provera. In October I finally started ovulating and looks like I have been ever since! As easy as it is to get sad nothing has happened yet just trying to keep my head up. Baby dust to all!

First off, Clapper welcome to the thread :flower:
Mind if I ask what Metaformin does? I've heard of it before but never looked into it. Glad you joined us <3

Lil glad you're almost there so we can start counting cycle days together LOL

Ali thank you for the suggestions. I guess I'll have to research a bit. The 125mg of B6 is the smallest dose I could find (even that is a 250mg pill cut in half). I haven't ordered Vitex yet. I'm really confused right now.

I think I'll just monitor this cycle using OPKs without taking any supplements and see if it follows the same patter as the last one.

Bad news is that I'm not stressed by this cycle at all because hubby is going to be gone for about 2 weeks (right in the O timeframe) so no chance of BD'ing at the right time. Booooo! :cry:

Thanks! Metformin helps to make your body more accepting of insulin. A lot of women with PCOS have insulin resistance where their body makes an excess of insulin because their cells are less likely to accept it. This in turn helps decrease androgens such as testosterone. If you have too much testosterone your periods could be absent, you could not ovulate or both. The metformin was rough at start (lots of side effects) but I have since gotten used to it and it has helped me ovulate. I am 2dpo (cd27) today!

PatriNina I also meant to tell you, the first prenatal I was on did the same thing to me. When I would take it at night before bed it was a little bit better but I ended up having to switch to another brand and take extra B6 on the side. Side effects completely gone now.

Thanks for sharing Clapper. I'll try a different combination next cycle, or start by taking only one type at a time, to see which one is causing this problem.

Oh and thanks for explaining the Met. deal :) Glad it helped you ovulate! <3

Hello!

Welcome clapper! Keep your head up! Im sure it will happen for all of us!

PatriNina no AF yet...... I will let you know...!

and about prenatals, I have been taking only folic acid (before 800mcg and now 5mg) and I havent present any symptoms, why dont you try only with that for this cycle..

9dpo here! Didn't start my normal spotting today which was good, so hoping that it holds off as be great if my cycles were beginning to sort themselves out. I really don't think Im pregnant as have got all of my AF symptoms other than the spotting, so I am expecting her right on time on Saturday (11dpo). I had my results back from my progesterone day 21, levels were 32.7 which is ok! :happydance:

Yep :) That's good news! :hugs:

Here's to hoping for a great cycle! I'm honestly hoping for an early O :haha:

Ahhh ladies... feeling so discouraged. I left a message with my ob/gyn this morning, basically saying that if my progesterone is okay and i'm ovulating okay... what next? She called back and said that I need to try on my own another 9 months before they'll do anything else, because apparently all the time I was trying before we had our ectopic pregnancy doesn't count as "trying to get pregnant" now...??? So she's saying now that it's like I've only been trying since January, because I was pregnant last year (for 4 weeks, but whatever).

I feel like ob/gyns have no concept of LPD being an actual thing. I'm like "I promise you, it's harder to get pregnant when you have a 7-9 day LP!" and she's like "women who ovulate late get pregnant all the time" so won't refer me to an RE. They know how to test for progesterone, but if that's not the problem then *silence*. AND THERE'S ALL THESE OTHER THINGS THAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM!! They could test for FSH. Estradiol. Luteinizing hormone. Prolactin. Thyroid stimulating hormone. Literally all these answers within one month, but they just won't.

And it drives me crazy. Internet research can actually educate people, not just turn us into backseat doctors.

Anyway. Sorry for the rant! Hope your cycles are all going GREAT! :)

Oh Ali I'm so afraid that's what's going to happen when I go to the docs. And I just feel angry that it's happening to you.

I know a medical degree is hard to get and they've worked a lot to get where they are, but come on. Someone who really wants something will research and get a number of very possible scenarios, and they just shut that down and follow the little dr. hand-book.

I'm sorry you have to wait that long for some answers. Hopefully you'll get there by your own and not have to deal with this waiting game <3

Ohhh
Like I said, it is the same here in Panama, you have to be TTC for at least 1 year before they take you..

But since my brother has a fertility clinic I have been lucky.

I think that they should help everyone who already identfied a problem....

CD 9 and still feeling a bit low since we can't try this cycle because my hubby won't be in town.

Oh well Lil I'll be here cheering you on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->