Short Luteal Phase Ladies in the TWW?

PatriNina, freelance writing is an awesome career! I'm actually an editor, and I'm hoping to work freelance while staying at home (hopefully) with kids. It's a great lifestyle! :) Congrats again!

So this morning's test (14dpo) was negative... not even the slightest hint of a squinter line. So I'm going to quit the progesterone and kickstart AF. I'm not too worried though because now, in about 10 days (before O), I'm going to go in for an HSG flush and check for any blockages in the tube. This cycle I ovulated on my right side, and while I know that any fallopian tube can pick up the egg, my right one is where my ectopic was and so there's a possibility that there's blockages from scarring in there. So we'll see. I'm disappointed, but not totally broken up as I'm looking forward to the results of the HSG and seeing what the effects of the ectopic actually were.

How are you all going this cycle? How's temping going, PatriNina? :)

Ali you should definitely give freelance work a try. It opens up a very relaxing lifestyle :)
Hope the HSG flush gives you some answers. I can't wait to get a doctor's appointment in a month or so. I will definitely bring up the progesterone supplements.

Temping hasn't actually started since AF is giving me horrible nightmares this cycle and terrible cramps. I've been waking up at least 6 times during the night, so I tend to sleep in if the pain calms down. I guess I'll start temping on CD 6 and see how it goes.

I'm really curious how soon AF starts for you Ali after stopping the progesterone intake. Please update! <3

Hope you're all having a good cycle, girls!

Temping hasn't actually started since AF is giving me horrible nightmares this cycle and terrible cramps. I've been waking up at least 6 times during the night, so I tend to sleep in if the pain calms down. I guess I'll start temping on CD 6 and see how it goes.

Oh my gosh! That sounds terrible! Here's to hoping you get some sleep soon. Perhaps you should add a sleeping tablet to your regimen of meds? I hope you feel better soon :( Poor thing!

So AF came on REALLY quickly! My first night not taking it was Friday night (that was 14 dpo; I'd got the negative test that morning) and I got woken up Saturday morning with terrible cramps and really heavy flow. Literally the next morning after not taking progesterone! Flow has been heavy and bizarre over the weekend--lots of clots and sheet-like uterine lining coming out of me, almost as though the lining was peeling itself off. So strange! I almost miss the days of my short LP, light bleeding, and minimal cramping :) But yeah the flow started really quickly which was nice.

I called the RE and got my HSG scheduled for a week from today, which will be 10 dpo. So funny story; I was reading about progesterone suppository side effects and I read a few stories about how some people O'd way earlier the next month--like around the time they would have O'd had their LP stayed at 8 days instead of 14. So I'm going to be on the OPKs early this month to make sure we don't miss that surge!

I have been away...
but since I am not doing anything, I feel I have nothing to post.
I am taking antibiotics for endometritis
I am due a flush, but since I am traveling for work, it would be sometime in july
probable will end up in vitro, since DH also have varicocele..
so that is my history

baby dust to you girls.. see u in a few months :dust:

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been around much. I go through phases of avoiding BnB to help control my one track mind of ttc/babies. Inevitably I come back though as I am in the 1-2WW ;).

Lil, my heart goes out to you. I hope that work helps keep you distracted while you wait and helps pass the time until your flush/IVF. What other things do you do to keep yourself distracted?

Alikat, I'm glad to hear you're having good experiences with your RE. The progesterone sounds like it's helping a lot. Hopefully the heavier/different AF means you are making way for a nice healthy lining for implantation! Here's hoping you get the early O side effect, fingers cross for you!

Patrinina, I hope temping is going better for you. I tried temping a few cycles late last year and started after day 6 at least one of the cycles and it was still able to detect O so you should be fine. I find fertility friend is really good at detecting O despite unusual temps.

I actually started temping again this month so that I could better pinpoint O. I took a very relaxed approach and have been taking my temp whenever I wake up, not necessarily at the same time. My temps are a bit rocky but they appeared that way when I was temping consistently before so who knows. According to my temps, CM, and cervical position I am pretty certain I O'd on day 17 which is a bit earlier for me. So far I would be 9 DPO which is the longest LP I've had since TTC! I'm excited but trying not to get my hopes up. It doesn't help though that my temp this morning was the highest I've had so far and my nipples have been sensitive the last 2 days when they usually only are around O. Even if this isn't a pregnancy I'll still be excited that my LP lengthened a bit.

Some side notes/rants:
-I'm suppose to go to a baby shower tomorrow (for twins no less) and I'm not sure if going is a good idea. I'm worried that it may worsen my obsession/yearning for a baby but at the same time I know I can't just avoid anything baby related indefinitely. I guess I'm just worried AF is going to show before then, but I suppose if she does I will see how I feel and stay home.
-As I mentioned before, my mom recently announced she is going to be away most of next February and jokingly said "so don't have a baby then!" Ugh, I don't really want to stop trying but I definitely want my mom around when I have my baby. At the same time I know a baby could come early or late. I know there's no easy answer to this but it's a frustration of mine.

Will keep you guys posted on how my LP turns out this cycle. Good luck to you all!

Hi ladies!

Lil, my heart goes out to you with this never-ending wait. I can totally understand staying off the forums! What antibiotics are you taking? I didn't realize there was anything you could do for endo except for surgery. Is your hubs going to do any treatment for varicocele? I don't know too much about the men's side of things. Best of luck to you though hun *hugs*

Butterbaby, congrats on the 9-day LP! Is the witch still away or did she hit? Glad to see LP lengthened out a bit anyway! Were you taking any herbs or meds this cycle, or did it just lengthen on its own?

Good luck with the baby shower. Did you end up going? I'm still at the point where I'm happy to go to baby showers, but I can definitely understand not wanting to go. I hope the situation was okay for you.

So... yesterday was the day my baby would have been due had it not been ectopic. Also our anniversary :) Hubs took me out for a fancy dinner and it helped to make the day wonderful instead of bittersweet.

ALSO! Over the weekend we did our HSG flush. I took the doctor's advice and had two ibuprofen about an hour before, so I don't know if that contributed to the lack of pain, but I seriously didn't feel anything when she was putting the dye in. I had some minor cramps when the catheter was being inserted at the start, but it wasn't anything worse than a pap smear. The dye itself was fine, which was really lucky!

As for the results... left tube is clear and looks great; right tube is blocked up completely. That was my ectopic side, so whether the blockage came as a result of scarring from the ectopic or whether the blockage caused the ectopic, I don't really know. But either way, we're not likely to get a baby from that tube.

The doc has recommended us just trying naturally until the end of the year--she's really pretty confident that we'll be able to fall pregnant ourselves at this stage--and then if nothing's happened within 7-8 months, we'll probably start Clomid or Femara or something to induce more frequent ovulation to have a better chance of getting an egg from the left side. But for now, it's just back to the waiting game. I'm hoping this month will be a leftie egg (last month was right ovary) because they say fertility is heightened after an HSG flush coz the tubes are all clear and free of any minor blockages... so here goes! Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed for this month to be our lucky month!

Baby dust to all you girls! xoxo

Lil, I'm glad you can keep busy with exercise. What kind (s) do you do? I have never had an athletic inclination and am not great at sticking with a routine. I really enjoy yoga and have managed to keep up doing yoga at least 5 days a week and I think it's definitely helping to reduce stress.

Alikat, I'm so happy to hear the HSG went fairly well. It must feel good to have confidence from your doc on conceiving naturally. Also I'm glad you were able to have a nice anniversary and not have to be too down. Good luck on catching that egg this month!

As for me, my temps dropped and I had a brown/pink smear at 10DPO and spotting all day 11DPO. I've had very light red flow today so while I'm feeling down I'm also happy for an 11 day LP. I was just taking my usual regime of vitamins (omega3,iron,vit d,b complex) and took 1000mg of vitex from CD 15-24. I've been on vitex for about 7 cycles and haven't had much improvement so I'm going to try maca root for a bit and see if that works better for me. I'm hoping it also helps with my depression as well. I'll keep you posted. Has anyone else used maca?

As for the baby shower I did go and it was fine. I was just hesitant to go if AF showed because I usually give myself a day to pout/grieve when AF comes. Anyone else do that? Usually I just take it easy and do what I wanna do, it works out nicely that AF came on my day off. So that means time to read outside in the sun for a bit.

Take care everyone!

So it looks like nobody has been posting but I just wanted to update you all with my exciting news (plus nothing worse than finding an old post in a google search and not seeing the outcome). I got my first ever BFP this morning! It's still surreal and I'm hesitant to say much because it's so early but I have to share with someone else other than DH.

As mentioned in my last post I dropped vitex and started taking maca capsules this cycle, 1500-3000 mg daily. The cycle was different with less CM overall and only a couple days of EWCM (used to have it for about 7 days). I was temping so I saw that I O'd on CD 15, the earliest I ever have. I was trying to keep myself busy and not symptom spot and was away on a trip with my mom for the past few days. She told me she had a strong feeling that I'd get pregnant this cycle and even gave me cash to buy a HPT while we were away. I told her I had to wait until I was home though as DH would be upset if he wasn't first to know. Well yesterday was 11 DPO and I realized I hadn't spotted at all yet and last cycle I had a bit of spotting on 10 and 11 DPO and then AF. I took the test this morning at 12 DPO honestly not expecting a positive but it was very obvious!

I'm only 3 weeks and 5 days so I pray that this sticks. DH was thrilled and even cried a bit when I told him. I know I'm not in the clear yet but am trying to stay positive. I'm just happy to know I can get pregnant if nothing else.

I hope you are all doing well and I pray you have peace and get your BFPs soon!

:happydance: Butterbaby, I am SO happy for you! :happydance: What a wonderful bit of news for the ladies in this thread! Fx and :dust: for a sticky bub and a happy and healthy 9 months! Seriously couldn't be happier for you!

:happydance: Butterbaby, I am SO happy for you! :happydance: What a wonderful bit of news for the ladies in this thread! Fx and :dust: for a sticky bub and a happy and healthy 9 months! Seriously couldn't be happier for you!

Thanks alikat! I wasn't sure whether I should post or not but I know we all go through periods of feeling like it's hopeless especially when we never get to test with a short LP. I hope all you ladies find something that works for you!

Hi can I join this thread?

I'm 35 years old and TTC #2 (although my DS was a happy accident so I'm new to TTC!)

I'm only on cycle 2 but I've been charting for 8 cycles now and my LP has been between 7-9 days :(

This month I took Soy Isoflavones days 2-6 started 100mg progressed to 200mg for the last 2 days. Also am taking Vit B complex and managed to ovulate 2 days earlier on day 17 so I am really, really hoping that on a 28 day cycle and 11 day LP I'm in for a chance this month!

We DTD on CD16 and 17. I'm 4DPO at the moment and would be nice to share the TWW with others in a similar scenario with a short LP.

Welcome, Emma! I'm on 3dpo so we can wait together :) I'm going to be testing June 19 (if I can hold out that long!).

Fx this is the month for you with your earlier ovulation! Hoping that your LP holds out to be 11 days :)

Hi ladies,

In case any of you are still reading this thread, I think I may have a tentative :bfp:. I'm 14dpo today and think I implanted on 12dpo, so the line is still pretty faint (although it's way more visible IRL than in the pic... even my poor hubby, bleary-eyed and barely awake when I dragged him out of bed at 4:30am, could see the line :happydance:).

Now to call the RE and confirm that this one a) is sticky, and b) is not ectopic. Eesh. This could be a long next couple of weeks!

In case this really is our rainbow baby, here's what we did this cycle:

- Used temping and OPKs to confirm ovulation
- Used PreSeed
- On Vitex, Red Raspberry Leaf, and B-complex vitamin as well as prenatal vitamins
- Vaginal progesterone suppositories from the night of 2dpo
- This cycle is 2 months after HSG flush (supposed to clear out tubes and increase fertility for 3 months afterward)
- Pretty sure this is my first post-HSG cycle ovulating from my left side (the one with the open tube), as well as the first left-ovulating cycle when using progesterone suppositories.

I'll keep you all updated after talking to the RE. How is everyone else doing this cycle? Emma, did you test already?

Attachments

• BFP June 2015b.jpg
    BFP June 2015b.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 8
Edit: No BFP. That blue dye test was a false positive, as the blood test that same day returned my HCG as 6, and AF began in full today.

Super gutted about it all. I now officially hate blue dye tests! Way to get my hopes up. Nothing worse than thinking you've finally got your BFP, only to have your hopes crushed 12 hours later...

Best of luck to you all this cycle.

Ali I'm heartbroken for you <3

I can't imagine how awful it must feel. I'm keeping you in my thoughts!

Mind if I join you? I have a 6-8 day LP, and am ttc #2 now.

Just to give you all a bit of hope, I got pregnant our second month of trying with #1. So it is totally possible without any medical intervention. (Edit: my progesterone was low, too.)

Good luck all!

Thank you tigerlily!

baby dust for you :dust:

I am on CD#9 still with a light period....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->