Short Luteal Phase Ladies in the TWW?

Well it seems that yesterday (CD 20) was indeed the peak (even though it wasn't as dark as the control line, but close). I say it was the peak because today I got a blank, after 4 days of increasingly darker lines.

[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/2ryrs5y.jpg[/IMG]

So I should O today or tomorrow. No BD other than CD 19.

So if I O tomorrow it would be CD 22. It would be a miracle if it happened this month, so I'll just let it go. Guess I'll hope for better luck next cycle...

I'm curious what my LP length will be this cycle :)

Any of you girls have any news?

Hi..
yesterday afternoon I started spotting, red color...
it only happens when I pee :shrug:

so.. I really dont know if I am out... My Dr said to wait...

it is cd18
and I think 4dpo not sure

4 dpo should be too early to tell if you are in or out hun <3

Keep us updated. Hope everything's okay! <3

Hi ladies! I'm trying to stress less this cycle so I've been trying to stay off the forums/researching/symptom spotting :) But I wanted to check in and see how you all were doing!

Butterbaby, so sorry to hear that you are out this month. That crazy brown CM, hey! I had that for like three days last cycle where it would come and then disappear for hours so I'd be like "Implantation bleeding!" But then nothing. Sigh. It's so scary every time the CM even has a hint of brown! Best of luck for this coming cycle.

Patrinina, sorry to hear you never got a strong positive. That's so strange. Have you tried using the digi ones? I never have because the cheapies always give me a blazing positive for well over 24 hours... but maybe the digi's would work for you? Either way, I'm sorry your husband is leaving at just the wrong time. How annoying! What does he do for work?

Lil, I think we're on the same dpo this cycle :) FF gave me crosshairs on the 12th, so I'm 4dpo today as well. I've had some super mild spotting (like turning the CM a kind of tan color, sorry TMI) which is strange for me at this point in the cycle. I wonder whether it's an effect of the Vitex still kicking in? I was also surprised to ovulate so early (the day after my first +OPK). Three cycles ago I didn't ovulate until three days after +OPK, so maybe all these pills I'm taking are strengthening my hormones to make O happen quicker than it previously had been? My LH surge seemed shorter this cycle as well (only had one day of +OPK instead of two, but in fairness I did test the second day at 5pm... maybe it would have been + if I'd tested at 12 like I usually do).

Anyway. Lots of waiting now. Trying to keep calm about it :) Work is keeping me busy, AND we just found out hubby has a job offer in a different state! So we'll be moving sometime in August. Warm climates, here we come... :)

Hi alikat
I was wondering what you were up to....
Well It is also strange for me the spotting so soon and also that it is red... weird.
I had been testing every day, and still getting the blinking smile I didnt get the peak this time maybe I missed it..
I read that once you get the hight It will keep giving you high until it detects a rise.. so maybe it got stuck there... I have one stick left I will use it tonight just to end them.
I have to confess I cant stop thinking about my spotting and what it could be......
I will keep you girls posted...

PatriNina.. I'm sorry to hear DH is away at the prime time, that is so frustrating. Part of the reason we just started TTC was cause DH was out of town for a few months so I know how much it sucks knowing you're ready/Oing and its a matter of him not being available.

Alikat, thanks for the kind words. I know what you mean about avoiding forums to decrease stress. I find I am okay for a while if I don't come on here, yet I can't stop myself from coming back!

Lil, hopefully the spotting is something good! Fingers crossed!

Out of curiousity, how long are all your cycles, LPs, and menstrual length/quality?

After writing the other day, I only had half a day of light-medium red flow. By the evening it was back to brown CM and that's all I had yesterday. Today it was mostly just a bit of brown when I wiped but then I also had some EWCM with a red streak in it. Whenever I get these really light periods I am extra hopeful that maybe it was heavy implantation bleeding or decidual bleeding and that maybe I'm pregnant. It doesn't help that my mom told me she had a light 'period' the first month she was pregnant with me. Anyways, I known it's not likely I'm pregnant but I'm ever hopeful. I've thought about testing but the dollar store was out of tests and I don't want to waste an FRER just to have my heart crushed again (I have had many cycles like this since I've been off birth control). Have any of you have had situations like this?

Hi girls......
my spotting got heavier so apparently is AF, I will have an ultrasound this week and my dr is going to do a hysteroscopy :shy:
Hope it determines whats happening with me. :shrug:

Lil, I'm so sorry you're out this cycle :( I hope there's nothing bad causing the bleeding! I'm glad you're staying so in touch with your doctor and that they're being proactive in responding to you. Where can I find a doctor like that?! :) Best of luck for your tests.

Butterbaby (I keep wanting to type Butterbeer when I write your name haha), my periods are weird like that, too. I get 3-4 days of bizarre spotting-but-sometimes-not-spotting (like it will be red so I count it as AF, but then the next day nothing for hours until some dark tan CM, and then different again the next day). But this seems to be normal for me now--AF will kick in properly (heavy flow) on days 4-5 followed by a couple more days of spotting. I basically spot throughout my whole cycle haha. It's such a pain.

I've wondered whether I'm actually wrong in counting those early days of quasi-spotting as a period. If I don't, it would mean my LP is actually 10-11 days and I ovulate on days 17/18 instead of 20/21 like I think I do now. It's tempting to think about, but the red spotting that inevitably leads to AF means that I'd probably be too optimistic if I counted those days in LP. Meh. Why are our bodies so weird?

As for me, 6dpo and not much is happening. Fingers crossed that AF stays awayyy and doesn't hit on Sunday!

Hello girls....
I am so confused :shrug:
So yesterday morning I was kinda bleeding with small tissues (sorry TMI)
Thats why I said it was definitely AF :witch:
I didnt had any more bleeding thru the day.. at the end of the day 11pm I had spotting but know is brown
Had some this morning also, but is not heavy...
So, could it be that it is not AF? :shrug:
My dr said to wait and keep her updated on everything... 7dpo today...
All this is so confusing.. :wacko:

Nooooo tell the spotting to go away! Spotting is so awful. When do you have your ultrasound, Lil? Is it just an ultrasound or are you going to be doing any tests to see if your doc can find an explanation for the bleeding? Keeping my fingers crossed for you, hun.

I'm 8dpo too and yesterday was the first day all LP that I didn't spot. I don't trust it, though... 8dpo I usually start dark brown spotting and then AF on day 9/10. Dargh. Hoping the :witch: stays away!

I don't feel any different this cycle really, so I'm not too confident. I have sore boobs, but I think that's coz I worked out my chest and arms at the gym on Wednesday night hahaha. So sore on the tops/sides of my boobs near my arm!

In wonderful news, I had a friend announce her pregnancy yesterday after TTC for 4 years :) So happy for her!

Hi Alikat
So the spotting went away, last time I had spotting was yesterday morning
On the other side, DH had his spermiogram this morning and the result came back below average, so he needs to see a doctor
I think it will be several months before we get a BFP
My exam is first an ultrasound and afterwards a hysteroscopy

I hope AF stays away from you! And you get a BFP really soon! :dust:

Hi girls,

I haven't been posting lately. I've been an emotional mess. I miss my DH so much during the week. He's back this weekend working on his regular job, and he's leaving for another week. I had a breakdown 2 days ago, meaning crying for hours...

So AF is going to be here anytime...

Lil I hope the spotting stays away <3 Once hubby gets better results you'll be closer and closer to a BFP <3

Ali congrats for your friend! and hope you get a better LP this month, or even better a big surprise! <3

I saw butterbaby ask a question but I was too down to even write a post.
My cycles range from 28 days to 31 days. But before we started to really TTC they were solid 28 days, which is kinda weird. My LP I have only recently discovered is around 6-8 days (very short), and my AF is usually light on day 1 and 4, and heavy on day 2 and 3. And day 5 I usually just get spotting.

Hope you ladies are well! <3

Patrinina, I'm so sorry to hear about your breakdown :( Do you live close to family who could come and be with you when DH is away? How awful that AF is due right when you're feeling like this :( Please know that we're thinking of you, hun.

Well :witch: got me bright and early Saturday morning, putting me at an LP of 8 days this cycle. This will have been two cycles on Vitex/B6, with LP of 7 days first cycle and 8 days this cycle (followed by a couple days of red spotting/light flow before the temp drop and AF proper). O day has held steady at around days 20/21. So maybe Vitex is working, by giving me an extra LP day? I dunno. They say it can take 3-6 months for it to build up in your system so I'm persisting, but overall I've had no miraculous effects from either the Vitex or the B6.

This month's plan: I bought my B6 supply before I discovered it was supposed to be a complex. Since it hasn't had any effect really, I splurged on the complex this month (still containing 100mg of B6) so we'll see how that goes.

I've also decided to be brave and try the progesterone cream. I know I'm self-diagnosing, but my progesterone levels were at the lowest level of normal (10.1) so I'm hoping it can't hurt. I've had a lot of spotting all throughout LP so I'm going to try the progesterone after O day and see how that goes.

AND I finally invested in some PreSeed! Time to pull out all the stops I think :) Fingers crossed that this is our month!

Lil, I'm hoping the :witch: hasn't got you yet! Let us know how your appointments went last week!

Hi PatriNina, cheer up girl! sending u a big hug! :hugs:

Alikat - about the progesterone, u have to start 4 or 5 dpo, dont start ir right away..

My update.. went with DH to my dr today, she explained all the results, we got our blood tests looking for some other answers. DH is going to have an appointment with a urologist (think is spelled right)
my hysteroscopy wiil be on monday..
Hoping for the best results..
DH started today a 3 month treatment to raise up the sperm count..!

AF got me on staturday, I had a 9 LP

well baby dust girls! :dust:

Patrinina - I'm so sorry to hear how down you've been. I know where you're coming from as I was quite depressed when DH was working out of town for weeks at a time. It's like half of you is missing. How long is this type of work schedule supposed to go on for? Like others said, try to see family or friends...it's not the same but it helps until he returns.

Alikat - Sorry to hear AF arrived but it sounds like you are prepped for this cycle! I don't know much about the dosing of progesterone cream but I think I'll probably try it if my next few cycles don't improve. I'm interested to hear how it works out for you.

Lil - Although all the testing may not be ideal, I'm glad to hear you should have answers and/or help soon! Hope it all goes welll!

As for me, I'm hoping to be busy for the next 10 days or so..hopefully all the supplements (and diet and exercise) are doing something!

Oh and thankyou all for your feedback. Take care ladies.

Hi Ladies, I have a 10 day LP and think am I having my 3rd chemical pregnancy in a row :( I am on vitB6 and b complex from cycle day 1 (currently on 12dpo with very very faint positives since 8/9dpo) and I am thinking I may get some progesterone cream for next cycle. i think i will go and see my docs about it though as there seems so many differing opinions on google :wacko:

I was wondering though, did you get your progesterone level checked by your doctors? or can you do it yourself?

Many thanks guys!! :thumbup:

Hi Lillian! I'm so sorry to hear about your CP. Are you sure it's a CP just because the lines are faint? I know every POAS-aholic likes to see the nice darkening progression, but I read somewhere that according to doctors the darkness of the line doesn't matter... so any updates today? Keeping you in our prayers.

Re. the progesterone test, I got this done at the ob/gyn. It's a blood test, so I don't think you can do it yourself...

I miss you girls during the non-TWW days! When's everyone thinking that they'll O this month? I'm on cd 10, expecting O somewhere between days 19-21.

Anyway, update on me so far this month... I've been taking the B-complex vitamin and HELLOOOO neon yellow pee! Hahaha. It's SO weird! According to the internets, that's a normal side-effect of too much riboflavin and your body just flushes out the excess... hahaha it's been entertaining that's for sure and I'm hoping I don't have to pee in a cup for any doctors anytime soon coz it just looks bizarre! Anyway... TMI haha. Hope you ladies are all well!

Hi girlss...

Here is my update

during hysteroscopy dr found a polyp and a small fibroid inside my uterus.. (maybe this was causing the irregular spotting)
also my fallopian tubes seem not permeable so I have another exam coming..
FX everything will be ok...

one day at a time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"