Short Luteal Phase - when can I test?

Teach123

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a short luteal phase ranging between 8 and 12 days and my longest cycle is 33 days. I am currently on CD30 and 6DPO.

When can I use a 15miu pregnancy test as going by a pregnancy calculator I would be 3 weeks pregnant?

Very confused so any advice would be great!
Thanks x

I've been wondering the same thing for months now. My LP is generally 10 days. Last year I got pregnant and didn't test positive until 11 DPO (period a day late). All of these preggo tests are based on the average 14 day LP, so when it says "5 days before your missed period" it really means 9 DPO. If 99% of women get a positive by the day of their missed period, that means 14 DPO. So you should expect an accurate result by 14 DPO if AF hasn't shown up no matter how short your LP is. This may mean you don't get a positive until a few days after your missed period. I hope that helps a little?

i have a lp between 8-11 days and i normally start testing about 8-9 dpo until bfp or witch shows last pregnancy i got a bfp at 10dpo,i also recommend taking ab-50 complex to help lenghthen your lp as it got mine from 8days to 11days ,hth.xxx

Thanks for your replies - just wish I knew what was going on. Ive had really bad stomach cramps and gas since i Ov'd on day 25 and am so tired. I work full time and normally go to the gym after work but havent made it there this week as just want to get home and put my pj's on!

I also am feeling nauseous after I eat and in the evening. When I found out I was pregnant with my DD I had some implantation bleeding but I took it as a period and then tested a few weeks later as I just didnt feel right. It wasnt that long ago but cant remember if how I feel now is the same as I did then or not!

:dohh:

:wacko:Quail, Ive just seen that you are a mum to 10 kids - how do you cope?!

Hey thanks for the question. I actually hadn´t thought that I would have to wait 2 weeks to get a bfp even though I never have to wait 2 wks for AF to show up. It makes sense. I usually have a lp of 9-10 days, its now 11dpo and no sign of AF. I have taken two tests, both negative. I guess I should wait until 14 dpo. It´s so hard though!! Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->