Short of breath?

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm only 6 weeks but I'm feeling really short of breath. Not necessarily when I'm running about, just lying around watching telly. I think I've got a bit if a cold which isn't helping but is it normal or should I be worried?

Thanks all xxx

Anaemia can cause this, I wondered why I felt like this too. I had bloods done which confimed im pretty anaemic and doc said that's why ! It could be something else entirely so I would definitely see your gp just to be safe

I feel this sometimes. Infact, it was one of the first things I noticed with my second pregnancy, although I did not notice it with my ectopic. Because I did not realize that I was pregnant at the time, I thought maybe I was nervous to be speaking in front of people which made absolutely no sense (I am a high school teacher of 15 years and it was the first week of school). It was later that I connected it to my pregnancy. I have it this time too.

I might go to the drs just to check. I was wondering if I might just be tense and anxious but it's been going on a while.

I had that throughout my last pregnancy, got much worse at the end though. I think it was just my lungs running out of room & getting a bit squished.

Yes flakey if expect it at the end but 6 weeks?? Did yours start this early? X

I think for me, its because of the increased blood flow throughout my body and my heart working harder.

I had it early on, about 5-7 weeks, and I sometimes still get it if I lay on my side in bed on a slightly odd angle. It's probably totally normal and as you said may be made worse by your cold, but ask your doctor if it worries you.

Hi...

I'm not very pregnant at the moment and SOB was one of my first symptoms at just under 4 weeks.

Pregnancy can irritate your allergies more and I just put it down to that. I can't climb the stairs in my house without having to stop and catch my breath at the top!

I have thi and have had it since we found out. I was admitted to hospital with HG. And was told its normal in first and last trimester due to your heart working harder to pump blood to your uterus x

I've had shortness of breath since 5 weeks preggo. I even get short of breath just eating! I was told it was a normal preggo symptom and not to worry. :hugs:

Omg!! I started having shortness of breath and have been driving myself crazy worried about it. Mentioned it to my OB and she said it was likely due to anxiety. I am so glad to hear I'm not alone. On the other hand, not excited to see it only gets worse toward the end. :/

Any suggestions for relief?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->