should breasts be leaking colostrum by 36 weeks?

misscyn

Reaction score
I'm almost 36 weeks and my breasts haven't leaked at all yet. With my first pregnancy i remember my breasts leaking from early in the third tri, maybe even late 2nd tri. Is this
normal?

Thanks!

I'm 39 weeks and mine haven't started yet either. With my first pregnancy they started at about 34 weeks so I got a bit worried too. I did manage to get a bit out when I squeezed them though. I wouldn't worry, I'm sure it'll come in when your baby is born x

You're more likely to leak colostrum in your first pregnancy, but you're almost certainly still producing it. Don't worry! :)

Mine haven't leaked at all in my previous pregnancy, but they leaked in the early days and whenever dd cried. however this time there were a few occasions where I've leaked this time. coincidentally they were when dd cried at night even though our breastfeeding journey ended at around 4 months postpartum.

I think both cases are normal. leaks aren't really an indication of how your supply will be after the baby is here.

You're more likely to leak colostrum in your first pregnancy, but you're almost certainly still producing it. Don't worry! :)

Interesting! I've heard that leaking and not leaking are both totally normal, but I didn't know leaking was more common in first pregnancies. I'd have guessed it would go the other way round since your body has some lactation experience.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of women don't get any leaking til baby arrives.

I didn't leak with my first, second, or even third pregnancy. Now I'm leaking with this one since 31 weeks! I thought I was the abnormal one for leaking lol

Totally normal :D I didn't have any leaks at all and my milk came in on the third day totally fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->