Should I be worried??

mrsdolton

Reaction score
Hi girls

I've always had heavy heavy periods and then went on injection and pills and now came off and they are really heavy again like it just pours out of me. Sorry tmi.
We are trying for a baby, is there a possibility that heavy periods will not help us to conceive.

I'm 26 been on pill/injection since 16

Hi mrs. It shouldn't matter at all. My friend was the same, was borderline anaemic some months she was that heavy, but had no issues getting pregnant. I've no idea why some have heavier periods than others, but to my knowledge it has absolutely no bearing on your fertility. So try not to stress. x

Thank you for trying to keep me sane :)

Will give it some time and if we have troubles will go see the doctor to see :)

im not going to google anything anymore

I had tremendously heavy periods but it didn't hinder my ability to get pregnant. After my first pregnancy they settled and became much lighter.

Good luck

:dust:

I had tremendously heavy periods but it didn't hinder my ability to get pregnant. After my first pregnancy they settled and became much lighter.

Good luck

:dust:

Hi mrsdolton. With extremely heavy periods, please make sure you're keeping your iron up (red meat, lots of leafy greens, and an iron supplement if necessary). Bleeding in excess of 80ml of liquid is called menorrhagia and might be indicative of a hormonal imbalance. Check out this link on menorrhagia

https://natural-fertility-info.com/heavy-menstrual-bleeding.html

And while I know Dr. Google can be terrifying, I would still do some research on menorrhagia and natural ways to reverse it. In my case, I'm positive it has been a hormonal imbalance as I had some other symptoms that seemed to confirm this. My hormones are really sensitive and since I m/c'd in November they've been completely wacked out.

I started taking maca this cycle and the other symptoms I mentioned I was experiencing, besides the excessive bleeding (which I won't know about unless I don't fall again this cycle and AF shows), seem to have cleared up. I've also been doing some other things to work on hormone balance and if AF shows I will continue to work with my natural menorrhagia cures. Oh, here's one link I like on how to treat excessive menstrual bleeding:

https://www.bhtips.com/2011/12/10-best-natural-home-remedies-for.html

I've always had heavy periods, but not quite like the way it is now; the amount I've been bleeding is insane. After the births of my children they stopped being so heavy and painful for about a year or so afterward. My mother had this as well. All of my signs and symptoms point to my hormones being off kilter, I've just never made the connections until now.

Menorrhagia is serious business so please try and figure out what's behind yours. It's really worth its weight. GL! :dust:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that with all three of my pregnancies I fell the very first cycle we stopped preventing. Since my m/c and my hormones going haywire I haven't been able to go BFP (we're on cycle 6 TTC). So if it's a hormonal imbalance causing your excessive bleeding it may lead to fertility issues. I know of at least one other woman who had menorrhagia and was having trouble conceiving but once she got it under control she got pg. Just giving my thoughts here b/c I think a lot of times we don't really realize how much something like this could be impacting our lives; I know I sure didn't. I mean, I just got used to not being able to leave my house the first two or three days of my period, and thought this was just my normal! :wacko: Thankfully I'm a SAHM and could swing this but it has still been challenging and frustrating. I sure hope I've gotten things reigned in :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->