Should I call out of hours doctor for ds?

sarah1980

Reaction score
So just not long come up to bed and went in to check on ds who is 2.5 and he is absolutely boiling hot! I've never felt anyone so hot, he's not sweating but is roasting from head to toe, he woke up and I've given him some cal pol and a drink he doesn't seem at all bothered and has gone back to sleep now but I'm concerned. He was absolutely fine when he went to bed, I've heard him coughing a couple of times this evening but nothing much and now he's quite wheezy and breathing fast I can actually hear him from my bedroom next door. I'm suspecting possibly croup but I don't know if I should just keep an eye on him or call out of hours doctor now as it's almost 1am. Any advice appreciated.

Sarah xxx

I would just keep an eye on him if that's his only symptom and he is not overly lethargic,hard to wake,struggling to breathe.if his temp goes back up try a cool bath.take him to the docs tomorrow to rule out an infection

Did you take his temperature? I would do that then base my decision on calling out of hours on how high his temp is.

Did you take his temperature? I would do that then base my decision on calling out of hours on how high his temp is.

That was my thought too Leesy but unfortunately we've not long moved house and I can't find the thermometer. He is really really hot, I've never felt anyone that hot before, even the soles of his feet are roasting!

Actually I would just call, I didn't read the fast breathing part properly before. Let us know how he is.

Took him at 2am he was quite perky when we got there but still hot a wheezy, doctor said it's likely a virus, give him calpol and ibuprofen and see how it goes. He has slept a lot today so hopefully will feel better soon. Thanks for all your help.xxx

Good to hear it nothing too serious. My motto is always better to be safe than sorry! Hope LO gets better soon. xx

Good to hear it nothing too serious. My motto is always better to be safe than sorry! Hope LO gets better soon. xx

Mine too although they almost always recover between calling and arriving at the doctors :wacko:

Sarah xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->