Should I change formula??

sally88

Reaction score
Hey ladies, my little boy has been formula fed for a week now(he is three weeks old), before this he was breastfeeding and having formula top ups.
He is currently having sma comfort but I was wondering if I should change to the sma first infant milk. Does anyone know what the difference is and which is best?
Also if I change does it have to be done gradually or not??

Is there a reason why he was on the Comfort milk? If not, you can try to switch him over gradually (I'd usually do 75%/25% then decrease it over time), and see how he does on it. :flower: It took us 3 or 4 different brands before we found the one that worked best with DD, which was ironically the Walmart brand I found recommended on here!

No there was no reason, my dad bought it for us and we have just stuck to it since then xx

Comfort milk tends to have less lactose and some of it is pre digested so easier for baby to digest, we put our little boy on it when he started fussing over milk and not winding but crying knees pulled up etc. unless you've had issues you should be fine to change it. We changed over two days starting with 25% new milk to 100% at end of second day. It took us a bit if trial and error to find the best milk for our son. He has had cow and gate stage 1, c&c comfort and c&g hungry. He is now on hungry milk but in the evening and late night bottle he has 25% comfort milk and it seems to help him settle better.

We were told by health visitor to only really use first milk. We had issues with ours so we are changing to another brand but apparently you just change it. No need to do it over a few days.
As pp said the comfort is for babies that have issues with normal milk. I was considering trying it but it's more expensive than normal first stage milk so we decided a different brand was a better idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->