Should I check in with the midwife?

sheeps24

A mummy!
Reaction score
Hey ladies I'm 26w and not due to see my MW until 28 weeks .. I haven't had an appointment since 16 weeks .. I've occasionally seen little shooting stars and I keep seeing little flashes here and there .. I also get headaches when I'm pregnant I did with my last one ... I feel like I should get my BP checked instead of waiting another 2 weeks!

I feel like you're more left alone 2nd time round with a lot less check ups etc!

I say absolutely yes. Get it checked at the gp if not midwife, or even some pharmacies do it. You don't want to mess around with high bp! Your midwife will see you I'm sure if you ring them.

You need to get checked out hun, either by gp or mw, having had pre e with dd2 you don't want to mess around, I hope everything is ok x

eta you should have a day assessment you can contact, number should be in your notes x

Thank ladies been to get checked out today and my blood pressure was ever so slightly up and a small amount of protein and electrolytes in urine so I'm going back next week to be checked again .. hopefully everything will be okay!

I hope everything will be OK. You did the right thing going to be checked out, it is always best to be on the safe side :)

You definitely did the right thing getting checked, hope it improves

I am glad you've been checked out! I hope you are drinking some extra water. I would also drink 100% cranberry juice as well, like 4 cups per day, for the week. It is worth trying, even if it doesn't help. It tends to help me, though. :hugs:

Thank you everyone and thank you for the advice .. I do make sure I drink a lot of water .. hopefully when I go back things will of settled down and it will be nothing!

I do still have a headache and keep seeing the flashing lights every now and then ... do you think she chose the right thing to wait a week and have it all tested again .. I go back in about 4 days

If I were you, I'd call the maternity ward for advice, they will probably want you to pop in for monitoring and urine tests etc :flower:

I couldn't get in with the midwife again so now waiting until Monday for my appointment .. I got a letter back from the doctors saying they have my urine test results back and want to test it again so I will take that with me for the MW and she can do a test or send another off x

Thanks for asking .. It went all good! BP was best reading yet and no protein .. The midwife used a larger cuff size as the other one was too small so that could of possibly been the issue before ... my urine test is being done again as when she dipped her strip in it had strong sign of infection but I should be able to get that sorted! The headaches are unfortunately just headaches x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->