Should I exchange ALL of babies NB clothes to 3-6Mos?

lcmorla

Reaction score
Finally getting around to doing laundry. I don't have many nb clothes to begin with but I don't want any of it to be unused.

I wouldn't. My son was in newborn for at least a month if not even a little longer than that. When he was first born, he was swimming in even newborn clothes. And he weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and was 20 inches long.

Okay good. I needed an opinion from someone who's done it before. Now I can start laundry! This sucks

My daughter was in newborn clothes for 3 months. So you really never know.

My kids were average sized (7 lb. 11 oz and 7 lb 15 oz) and both wore newborn size for i think almost 3 months. I buy most of my clothes from carters - and my kids started fitting in the 3 month clothes shortly after they turned 3 months old. Depends on the brand really, but i do think it is good to have a mix of newborn and 0-3 month clothes

Definitely keep them! You never know what size baby will come out at :) Like the PPs, my son was in newborn clothes for a long time (at least the first 2, if not 3 months) and was 7lb11oz born

I agree with the others. You don't know. My daughter almost perfectly fit in size 3 months from the beginning. 9lbs 3oz and 22 inches. Newborn did not fit her at all, but you don't know what size baby you are going to have. Even with this pregnancy knowing that the odds of me having another 9 lb is high along with being a long baby, I still picked up a 5 pack of newborn.

0-3 were too big on my girl, she was 7lb3oz. I didn't get any nb clothes last time but I did get a few this time. Literally just a few.

I had to get tiny baby clothes for my dd! She was 6lb 9 but so skinny she kept getting her legs out of the babygrows and scrunched up. Since then she's generally been in the 'right' sized clothes for her age. My nephew was 9lb 9 and he was in newborn for about a month.

My dd was in newborn for quite awhile. She was born at 7lb 13oz

My kids (8lb3 & 8lb6) wore some NB clothes for a few weeks, but they were also ok in most 0-3 months. For the pj's/babygros with feet, you can put baby socks on over top the feet so their legs don't come out.

My son was a preemie, so he was in NB for like 3 months.

I'd wait to see. We have a few 0-3 month things, plenty of 3-6 month things and one newborn shirt. Once baby shows up, we'll fill in the gaps if needed with used clothing :) It's very hard to tell how big baby will end up being and how fast/slow they'll grow!

It's hard to know sizes right!
My babies never fit into newborn sized clothes ( or diapers for that matter) as they were born a bit over 9 lbs and didn't drop much weight and gained fast. But you just never know how small baby will be and how fast they gain weight. I wouldn't return it, because it seems most people can use it at least for a few weeks, and maybe save it for your next little one :)

I was expecting a bigger baby and didn't have NB. I literally received 3 NB pieces at my shower. DD was 8lbs 7oz and her 0-3 stuff was pretty big. So I got a few NB outfits for her to wear. After about 3 weeks she was completely in 0-3. So having a few on hand will help. But like others have said, you just never know!

I would recommend to keep some pieces of NB clothing. When DS was born I bought all clothes for 3 months and relatives also gave larger pieces since everyone thinks that everyone else gives NB pieces so when he was born (21 inches and 7 pounds 3 ounces) DH went out and bought some newborn size clothing that would be more appropriate for him.

DS was 8lbs 8oz and wore newborn size for probably a month or so. I have a friend whose 3 babies were all over 9lbs and they all wore newborn for a few weeks as well.

My first son was 8 lb and wore newborn comfortably for about 1-2 months. My second son was 9 lb 13 oz and didnt fit into any of the clothes we brought to the hospital. You never know! But if I were you, I would return anything that isn't a onesie or a one-piece pajama (preferably zip-up not snap-up). People gave us all of these uncomfortable newborn and 0-3 sized outfits (overalls, button-down shirts,proper slacks) that were really overkill for a tiny baby that just snuggles and sleeps all day.

My three were in newborn for a long while, it's usually up to 11lb and they were 7lb 5, 7lb 14 and 6lb 13 x

I've laundered all my NB clothing. I'm amazed at how much NB stuff I've collected over the last couple months. I'm a small person so hopefully baby will be small and none of this goes to waste!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->