Should I get a new puppy, or not? Off topic

That can be an issue with greyhound types :(

I've got 2 which are part greyhound and they came at 5 months each and will still chase the cats the only plus is I know thanks to having come to us young & their training they won't hurt the cats.

I've got 2 which are part greyhound and they came at 5 months each and will still chase the cats the only plus is I know thanks to having come to us young & their training they won't hurt the cats.

There's very few that are fine with cats that are up for adoption:nope: We'll keep looking, we miss having a dog around the house and DH has got the poor cat trained to go fetch his toys and he bathes the cat every week like he did the dog:wacko: poor Henry Big Show Black Cat will be happy when we get a dog:haha:

There's very few that are fine with cats that are up for adoption:nope: We'll keep looking, we miss having a dog around the house and DH has got the poor cat trained to go fetch his toys and he bathes the cat every week like he did the dog:wacko: poor Henry Big Show Black Cat will be happy when we get a dog:haha:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::haha::haha::haha: your poor kitty!

I looked into adopting a greyhound...so few are ok with cats....

I know hey? If you knew my DH you'd understand...he used to spoon a 200 pound dog in bed, we need to find a dog soon:haha: He's got pictures of the kids and the cat on his iphone so when he shows the kids the poor people have go through photos of the cat as well:wacko:

I know hey? If you knew my DH you'd understand...he used to spoon a 200 pound dog in bed, we need to find a dog soon:haha: He's got pictures of the kids and the cat on his iphone so when he shows the kids the poor people have go through photos of the cat as well:wacko:

Aw...that's sooo sweet!

Porky just peed on my husband. OT, but I gotta share, lol.

Your dog sounds really mischievous! Can I ask, him peeing on your husband, was that an accident or was he being naughty or is he just excitable? I always find it fascinating how little dogs can get away with so much. If that were a bigger dog I don't think it would be so funny...

Northstar - the dogs you're considering are all lovely - I don't know which one I'd pick! Have to say though that I'm biased towards gundogs, cockers in particular. :thumbup:

I'm a terrier fan, though I have to say that one of my favourite fosters was a greyhound/wolfhound cross puppy, he was a lovely boy, tiny when we got him but by the time he got adopted out was about the size of a Shetland pony.

He was very good natured and didn't mind being bossed around by a tiny terrier!

Only have a small urban garden and so I can't give a bigger dog the exercise it would need.

One of my hooligans is a deerhound/greyhound/Bedlington Terrier mix called Baldrick who lives up to his name and is sooooo mischievous at times but I love him :kiss:

People are amazed at how little exercise my 4 need but I think that's because I let all off lead for their morning walk and they hair around like loonies together :) One hour in the morning home and then breakfast and all 4 are asleep from about 9am till 4pm :happydance:

I'm a terrier fan, though I have to say that one of my favourite fosters was a greyhound/wolfhound cross puppy, he was a lovely boy, tiny when we got him but by the time he got adopted out was about the size of a Shetland pony.

He was very good natured and didn't mind being bossed around by a tiny terrier!

Only have a small urban garden and so I can't give a bigger dog the exercise it would need.

I live in a flat and therefore have no garden! There's no way I could cope with a bigger dog living where I do now. It's really hard work but it gets me up and out of bed no matter what!

Your dog sounds really mischievous! Can I ask, him peeing on your husband, was that an accident or was he being naughty or is he just excitable? I always find it fascinating how little dogs can get away with so much. If that were a bigger dog I don't think it would be so funny...

Northstar - the dogs you're considering are all lovely - I don't know which one I'd pick! Have to say though that I'm biased towards gundogs, cockers in particular. :thumbup:

Porkchop is really just a little rat *******! He could have been excited, he could have been angry, or he might have wanted his mommy to have to do another load of laundry, lol. It is very hard to tell. But, I love him and he knows it!

I think it is the nature of the little dogs bc I also have a lab and Barney is the most well behaved dog!

Porkchop is really just a little rat *******! He could have been excited, he could have been angry, or he might have wanted his mommy to have to do another load of laundry, lol. It is very hard to tell. But, I love him and he knows it!

I think it is the nature of the little dogs bc I also have a lab and Barney is the most well behaved dog!

I know what you mean! I used to have another cocker spaniel and she was an absolute nightmare! The one I kept (Candy) is an angel. They're all so different but it's nice to know that he is loved and he gives you lots of fun too!

Well I'm going to keep looking for a while, as I would prefer to give a rescue dog another chance if I can (but not to drive the length of the country FX).

In the meantime I've got an access visit with my original furbaby next week, so I won't be completely dog deprived, and I'm also going to look at doing some fostering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->