Should I go through with "natural" IUI?

LilRu

Reaction score
We removed a polyp in my uterus 2 months ago. Last cycle my RE suggested Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI =BFN:cry:

I was on clomid for 4 cycles before we discovered the polyp, and of course I got 4 BFN's, this was with my gynecologist who never really monitored me, just prescribed the drug.

So... This cycle, RE won't prescribe any hormones bc I have 2 cysts from the Clomid, but he still wants to go ahead with another IUI, all natural!
I'm kind of at a point where I'm about to give up on all assistance and take a break from TTC. Feeling really emotional right now, and not sure if I want to go through with another IUI and get my hopes up, just to get bad news in 3 weeks from now.

Should I wait til next cycle to do IUI with another drug, and just do it the old fashioned way this cycle or go through with the all natural IUI?

Any advice, uplifting stories, hope?

I would only go forward with IUI that way if mfi is an issue. Otherwise it's really not going to increase your chances anymore than regular timed intercourse would.

I'm so sorry you're struggling with the decision. It can be so hard to decide what to do when the fear of potential disappointment is perched hard on the shoulders :hugs:

First off, I'm so sorry your going through all of this. I know how tough all of this gets but I have faith things will work out for you, and soon! Maybe you just weren't 100% healed from the polyp removal yet and hopefully this cycle with be the lucky one! My re told me IF they found a polyp before IVF, it could take up to 3 months to heal. Dont lose hope, as hard as that can be at times.
So, in my opinion, a natural IUI cycle would be good because of the fact that they'd monitor you and know when your oing. BUT if you track your BBT, there's really no need for an IUI cycle, only because you'll be able to BD and confirm that O has passed if you already temp or are willing to try/start again, u know? As long as male infertility isn't an issue, I think you would have just as good of a shot the good old fashioned way with well timed intercourse. I hope this helped with this tough decision some. Many hugs to you :hugs: I hope to see an amazing update from you in the very near future! FX! :dust

Thanks Aidensmom and Messica... Decided to do it the old fashion way for the next few cycles. I think the stress of surgery and iui and going to fertility dr appts, has taken it's toll on me and I need a few months to clear my mind, and heal my body... and maybe hopefully get pg without any help!!! FX it happens naturally....
I really appreciate the uplifting and hopeful responses!!! THX
:kiss:

First off, I'm so sorry your going through all of this. I know how tough all of this gets but I have faith things will work out for you, and soon! Maybe you just weren't 100% healed from the polyp removal yet and hopefully this cycle with be the lucky one! My re told me IF they found a polyp before IVF, it could take up to 3 months to heal. Dont lose hope, as hard as that can be at times.
So, in my opinion, a natural IUI cycle would be good because of the fact that they'd monitor you and know when your oing. BUT if you track your BBT, there's really no need for an IUI cycle, only because you'll be able to BD and confirm that O has passed if you already temp or are willing to try/start again, u know? As long as male infertility isn't an issue, I think you would have just as good of a shot the good old fashioned way with well timed intercourse. I hope this helped with this tough decision some. Many hugs to you :hugs: I hope to see an amazing update from you in the very near future! FX! :dust

Thanks so much!!!! And congrats on your IVF BFP!!!! That is so exciting and I'm happy it worked the first time.:baby: Btw, I decided to take a few months off from any fertility assistance. We are going to take it easy, doing lots of acupuncture and herbs, and fx it happens. I think surgeries and all these dr appts have me stressed to the max and we need a little break!!! Good luck to you :kiss::thumbup:

I think that sounds like a great plan! :) And thank you so much! We transferred just one day 3 and it stuck! I'm still a little in disbelief! Lol.
And I do think you have great odds of conceiving on your own, especially after having a polyp removed. Keep me posted! I'm excited to see where your journey takes you and I'll be praying for a sticky bean before you know it! :) FX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->