Should I go to er?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by PurpleMama, Oct 5, 2013.

1. PurpleMama

PurpleMama Well-Known Member

I've had spotting for 4 days now. Mostly light but last night after sex I noticed a lot of pink discharge and just now I noticed a small gush of brown (sorry tmi). I'm worried should I go to er or wait til my appointment on the 17th? I was at the er 2 weeks ago for a possible blood clot in my leg I don't want them thinking I'm a hypochondriac!

2. SoldierWife

SoldierWife Well-Known Member

I'd give your doctor a call and see what they say. If they think it sounds serious they'll send you to the ER. If not they may be able to explain what's happening

3. sun

sun Mum of 3

I've had spotting and bleeding for most of this pregnancy, so it would depend on the spotting. Pink/brown spotting after sex is extremely common so I wouldn't worry as much about that. More blood flow and a more sensitive cervix can cause bleeding and spotting after sex. What is the other spotting like? Is it red, or just a little pink CM? If it's red or accompanied by non-normal cramping then I would go in. Otherwise I would call your doc/mw and see what they say about it. How far along are you?

4. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

I agree with this!