Should I go to the ER?

mcwhmm

Reaction score
I am 6 weeks pregnant. My doc won't even see me until 10 weeks. I have been having severe cramping into my back and can't even sleep at night for the past 2 days. I haven't been having any bleeding aside from an occasional tinge of blood when I wipe. I have also lost all of my symptoms. My boobs aren't sensitive anymore, I don't feel nauseaos, I'm not peeing as much, and I'm not even as hungry and in fact have been skipping meals. I get off work early today and I'm wondering if I should just swing by te ER to make sure everything is okay??? What should I expect if I do? I don't want them to tell me that I'm fine and not do any testing. Will they do an ultrasound sto see if the baby stopped developing or something?

if you're cramping that badly it would be a good idea as there is a possibilty of an ectopic pregnancy (I'm not saying that it will be it's just there is a chance so it is advisable to get it checked out so you can rule that out)

fingers crossed everything is ok though and that it's just baby snuggling further into your uterine lining.

Did you tell your doctor about the cramps you're having? Maybe they can fit you in today for an emergency appointment. If they won't, then it would probably be best to go to the emergency room just so they can rule out ectopic pregnancy.

Let us know how it goes! Hope everything is alright!!!

How do they rule that out? I'm just worried about going there and them saying that it's normal and not even checking me out

Did you call your doctor and ask about your symptoms?

I would suggest going to the ER, just for reassurance, but chances are everything is just as it's supposed to be.

When I went (for spotting) I got blood pressure/temps the normal, and got an US. Everything was fine and I was sent home with a referral for a check up the next week.
I know it's different in every country/hospital, but I am sure that they must perform and US.
I know that in some places they also take blood. (I didn't get my blood drawn)
Isn't there a womens ER you can go to? There they probably will do an US.

i had abdo pain both my prev pregs.on 3rd preg. I told doc an my first preg tried an internal exam but i was to tence so sent maternity unit for ultra sound. Second time worse pains an diff an was sent straight maternity unit again, took bloods and told to go back in 2days for bloods again, these were ok but still suffered pains so did a scan on second visit. So far no severe cramps this preg an i got uti last week an possible again this week. It could also be uti for you as well. I did have pain when wee and weed in dribbles grrr. All best id call docs an see if can get apoin or go too a+e. I pressume uve not seen mw as you could pos call them.

I believe they have to do an ultrasound to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. If the doctor tries to dismiss your concerns, make it clear that you really feel like something is wrong and you are worried it may be ectopic, and you want them run some tests.

You know your body. If you're seriously worried about something, don't let the doctor dismiss your concerns without running some tests.

I would go as it may be some kind of uti or infection, nothing too serious but some antibiotics will help x

Hi, go get it checked out, they cant dismiss you if your having pain that bad. I had same back pain and turned out i have a tilted womb and that was what was causing it, it has eased off somewhat now, they said pregnancy usually shifts it back the right way.

You may have kidney infection?

Go and get seen to for some reassurance.:hugs:

Hey, congrats on your pregnancy, don't put off going to the docs. You sound similar to myself, you don't want to waste your time if they are just going to fob you off and check your blood pressure. But if its the best case scenario and its nothing, at least you can put your mind at rest and enjoy your pregnancy. At this point be positive go to A&E and tell them they'll do an emergency scan, I did they gave me a scan the next day. Unfortunately I had a blighted Ovum; as sad as that is it's better to know. just go and put your mind at ease I would say im sure its all fine xxx

I am just worried about them doing just blood work and sending me off or not doing an ultrasound or further testing

I don't have a midwife and my doctor won't see me either:/ I don't have an appt until may 29th

I don't have a midwife and my doctor won't see me either:/ I don't have an appt until may 29th

Ah right, I would definitly go and get checked out then, just to put your mind at rest :)

I would absolutely go. Tell them you have had spotting. Tell them about your severe pain. Request a scan. I don't see why they wouldn't do one hon. Hope all is okay. I'd be concerned too about severe cramping. It doesn't necessarily mean the worst (I had two bouts of severe cramping with my son--I was screaming and couldn't stand up straight, and also bleeding/spotting). It's worth going in for a scan.

If my doctor refused to see me after I described those symptoms to him, I'd find another doctor.

Thanks ladies ... I'm still debating! I know I want to go I'm just worried about them not being thorough! I'll have to bring out the B in me lol

I just types am update but it didn't post! Lol anyways I'm here now and they have been great! They did a UA, bloods, and a pelvic exam. He said my cervix is closed which is good! He is waiting for my hcg results. He said that depending on how high they are it will depend it they do an ultrasound today or wait depending on how far along I am. Since my pain seems to be worse on my right he is worried about it being an

I'm glad you're getting somewhere with ER, but agree with the other poster who said if your regular OB won't take your concerns seriously to find someone else to take charge of your care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->