Should I have U/S? Sound advice needed, pls..

myhusbandrox

Reaction score
This is my first post but I have been lurking around here plenty the past couple of weeks - this site by far seems to be the most welcoming so I thought I'd give this a go :) I will try to be as brief as I can with my tale. Preface: NOT trying, semi-preventing (withdrawal) MOST of the time, we are cool if we were to be pregnant but not 'eager'. Also, my typical cycles are very regular w/ zero mid-cycle symptoms.

8.3 Unprotected sex (no withdrawal) around ovulation/day 11 of cycle
8.21 Period (I think so), which comes along w/ crazy(!) amounts of EW cervical fluid (the CM very unusual, this continues for a good ten days)
8.29 Start crazy bad cramping (as if terrible period is coming), nausea, lower back pain, etc. etc. (in other words really SICK)
8.30 Still feeling the same (ie AWFUL), HPT in evening = +!
8.31 HPT (FMU) still a + only very faint this time, HPT in evening is -, & Blood test this day = -!
9.1 Symptoms subside, assume I'm good to go (ie not pregnant)
9.9-9.11 Symptoms return & then some (bloating is intense!), Urgent Care, another - urine & - blood test

Today I went for an exam & she wants me to get an ultrasound. I want that too, but I just found out our insurance covers NOTHING until multiple thousands have been paid out in deductibles :/ SO! I am considering waiting another week to see if my period comes on time & how it goes before I schedule this (yes, due to $). What would YOU do?? Had I never seen those two positive tests in the course of about 12 hours, I would be 100% accepting of all of the negatives I've gotten since then. What do you think, chemical/early miscarriage most likely scenario? If so, what's with the symptoms NOW? Just this afternoon a new symptom, (very) small amounts of fluid from the nips :I Doctor did say I could definitely still be having symptoms after miscarrying (& this site confirms many women do) so I just don't know! Of course, having ultrasound could be total peace of mind but maybe I am overreacting :(

If you are okay with waiting, emotionally, mentally, all that, I would wait another week and see what's up. If you wouldn't be able to handle that, then do the ultrasound.

Also, I live 2 hours north of you!!

Thank-you so much for responding! Actually, I did decide to wait. Whether my cycle will be normal or not this month is TBD, but if so I am due to 'flow' within the week. If this doesn't happen or seems abnormal, I'll do the U/S at that time :)

ps I just moved (back to) MI from the SW... not looking forward to winter!!

Haha oh come one, our winters aren't THAT bad.... They're only 6-7 months long...and ungodly cold...and snowy....with ice storms....

You should add me on FB. :) Link is in my signature. I promise I'm not a stalker. ;)

Aw, very sweet of you & I know you aren't a stalker but I would rather remain anonymous here :) Sorry :/

Haha, it's all good, I understand. :)

You're a braver woman than I am, I could never live in Detroit. I live in a small town just north of Lansing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->