should i just move out again?

nicoleJOLIE

SingleTeenMom&Proud!
Reaction score
my parents will not quit smoking in the house :growlmad: and its not just like one cigarette. its my mom , my dad , and my grandfather all smoking cigarette after cigarette after cigarette . like jeez why not just hotbox the house & while youre at it give me and my baby a smoke too . i quit smoking to be healthier and they wont quit smoking around me

i moved back home after a year of being on my own (mind you i am 16) , thinking that it'd be better for me and the baby if i had my parents around. . . but healthwise it doesnt seem so . i dont know what to do:shrug:

if i say anything to my dad & papa they tell ME to go outside if i dont likeit . now im sorry but i think thats just a tad bit rude becus i held up my end of the deal ( getting enrolled in school & in prenatal / parenting classes )

now why cant they do this one simple thing for me - and atleast SMOKE OUTSIDE. it wouldnt kill them , it actually would probably help their health - and the only one who takes this into consideration is my mom ... she smokes NOTHING compared to my dad and grandpa. and i never smell / inhale when she's around .

i know how hard it is to be on my own , but im not sure how hard it would be to be on my own with a baby - and i dont want my baby to struggle too .. it wouldn't be fair. but this smoking is giving me headaches and really starting to irritate me .. my opinion never f*cking counts !!! i really just dont even know what to do at this point . :nope: :growlmad::cry:

Didn't want to R&R but I'm in the same position but its not only cigarettes its pot too, and they blow it near me and think its okay to do that to a baby as well. If they can't compromise with you when you are trying to do the right thing maybe you could try moving out again? OH and I will be moving out as noone wants to compromise about things like this so it seems like the only option. Do you have any other family you could move in with?

:hugs:

i dont have family to move in with no , i have a cousin but she already has 2 kids as it is
i really dont even know what to do anymore :cry: i cant imagine being on my own again as i really worked so hard to build a relationship back with my family .

I would try to get my mom and dad together and I would tell them how you are feeling. You would appreciate it if they could help and possibly smoke outside since it is very bad for you and the baby and you would rather your child had the best environment possible. If they seem not open to the idea and don't see why they would do such a thing in their own home or such a reason, tell them that you would prefer to move out for the health and sake of your baby. Ask them to help you find a solution. Some people are very stubborn and there is nothing you can do about it. I know going back on you own would be hard but it does not mean you have to end your relationship with your family. You really have to put the baby and yourself first.

I just wanted to say that I applaud you for making such good choices for your little one. I know that you are young, but already I can tell that you will be a good mommy because of the sacrifice that you are willing to make. Smoking is unhealthy whether you are smoking or it is second hand smoke. It will harm your the fetus and if at all possible you need to get away from it immediately. I know how tough it is to be on your own, I have been doing it for three years now. But you and the baby might just need the space anyway. I have a two-bedroom apartment with just Me OH, and LO and you wouldn't believe how cramped we are. Babies tend to take up a lot of space sometimes. I would definitely take moving out into consideration.

I just wanted to say that I applaud you for making such good choices for your little one. I know that you are young, but already I can tell that you will be a good mommy because of the sacrifice that you are willing to make. Smoking is unhealthy whether you are smoking or it is second hand smoke. It will harm your the fetus and if at all possible you need to get away from it immediately. I know how tough it is to be on your own, I have been doing it for three years now. But you and the baby might just need the space anyway. I have a two-bedroom apartment with just Me OH, and LO and you wouldn't believe how cramped we are. Babies tend to take up a lot of space sometimes. I would definitely take moving out into consideration.

i'm gonna try to come up with a compromise ( like them building me a room in the basement )

my brother sleeps down there too in his own little room and theres no smoking down there cus my brother doesnt like it ... wonder if he's pregnant too :shrug: fml

but if that doesnt work i have been looking at places online and i realy dont want to struggle like i have but if thats what it comes down to i mean i guess thats what im going to have to do .. . my dad just doesnt seem capable of holding up to his end of the deal ( he still owes me 20 bucks from 2 weeks ago ) grr .

:growlmad:

c'est la vie , i guess ... :dohh::cry:

:hugs:
You shouldnt have moved back babes, your poor babys lungs will get damaged just as much as theirs :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->