Should I pump?

charlie1510

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having a c-section tomorrow (scared!!), and am hoping to be able to breastfeed. I've not had any breast leakage or anything at all, so I was wondering if I should have a little pump this evening to get things going so that I have something to give my baby tomorrow? :baby:

What do you think?

I had a c section with my 1st and was able to breastfeed straight away :)

You certainly can pump now. I noticed that if my OH sucks on my nipples (yes, TMI, sorry), I start leaking the next day (but it goes away since I don't use it and comes back next time there's suction). So, if your body is like mine, you should definitely have some colostrum for your baby tomorrow! If you start having contractions, stop immediately. (This is assuming there's a medical reason for your c-section.) Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!! :)

You certainly can pump now. I noticed that if my OH sucks on my nipples (yes, TMI, sorry), I start leaking the next day (but it goes away since I don't use it and comes back next time there's suction). So, if your body is like mine, you should definitely have some colostrum for your baby tomorrow! If you start having contractions, stop immediately. (This is assuming there's a medical reason for your c-section.) Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!! :)

Thanks, I'll give it a go (the pumping not OH sucking my nips, I'm not sure he'd be up for tasting colostrum!). :thumbup:

Charlotte

p.s. baby is breech, hence the c-sec xx

I wouldn't, I don't think it will make a difference. Just relax and let it happen tomorrow!

Im exactly them same lol My OH has noticed that soemthing is coming out of them now and it tastes funny lol

Ok I tried and eventually got a tiny drop of clear stuff out of each one.

It was horrible though! Feels nasty and I didn't like it. Doesn't bode well for breast feeding does it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->