should I start pumping?

Mabv812

Reaction score
My son will be 4 weeks tomorrow and they told me I could start pumping aftwr the 3-4 week growth spurt. I haven't noticed if he has gone through a growth spurt yet. Should I start anyway?

My son will be 4 weeks tomorrow and they told me I could start pumping aftwr the 3-4 week growth spurt. I haven't noticed if he has gone through a growth spurt yet. Should I start anyway?

It depends on how your doing. If bf is going well then by all means go for it but only if you want to. Pumping isnt necessary but it is helpful if you want to leave lo every now and then. I found that pumping during the first feed of the day was when i got most milk as generally babies feed less at night. Lo would feed off one side whilst i pumped the other as i found that when lo fed, I leaked from the other side anyway.

My LO is 6 months and I'm not pumping.

I've heard you should wait until 12 weeks as that is when your supply regulates.

But it's more beneficial (& waaaay easier) to feed from the breast. X

My LO is 6 months and I'm not pumping.

I've heard you should wait until 12 weeks as that is when your supply regulates.

But it's more beneficial (& waaaay easier) to feed from the breast. X

Yea I definitely can't wait till 12 weeks. Ill be back at work.

I started pumping at one week..as told was ok by my lactation consultant, and my supply is great. Plus, i have over 200oz frozen now. I say go for it!

I started pumping at one week..as told was ok by my lactation consultant, and my supply is great. Plus, i have over 200oz frozen now. I say go for it!

I started pumping one breast while my son was feeding on the other at three weeks. I pumped during the morning feed when my breasts were both really full. At five weeks now, I'm still doing the one pump/feed and have replaced one feed with a bottle to get him used to it before I go back to work in three more weeks. I'm going to try to add in another pump/feed to build up a decent stockpile - it's hard to fit in while nursing full-time! I really don't want to have to supplement and am ending up with about five ounces right now - about half of what I'll need a day. Luckily I'm only going back part time and am slowly getting better at pumping. Really glad I started when I did and having worked it in slowly I haven't noticed any issues with my supply or engorgement.

I pump four times a day...morning, afternoon, before i go to bed and once in the middle of the night. I can supplement one feed a day and store five ounces as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->