Should i stop weight training?

GoldenRatio

Reaction score
Im 4 weeks 3 days today and i went to gym on Wednesday because didnt know for sure that i was pregnant. But today i got my blood test results and im pregnant so should i go to gym or no??

I go 3 times a week for 1 hours sessions, its a circuit training class where we do body weight and reg weight training. My trainer said we can skip the core workout and go light. But on Wednesday, she made me do deadlift with 20pounds plus the bar so about 65pounds. Also she made me skip rope for a minute which gave me cramps. My doc said dont lift heavy so im not sure what to do.

I think continuing to work out is a good thing just don't over do it. Stick to lighter weights and sit our on anything you don't feel comfortable doing!

I too do gym workouts, and noon hour classes (Hiit, pilates, & yoga). I always tone it down the first 8 weeks. The embryo is barely hanging on by a thread and you're more likely to obey your instructor than stop and assess what's good for baby. We've just been walking lots and after the 8 week mark I'll get back into the gym. I did core conditioning, weight lifting, and cardio right up to 7 minths with my first pregnancy and felt great but not during the majority of first tri, it's just not worth the risk.
Here's a few studies about exercise & pregnancy:
https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/exercise-and-miscarriage/exercise-and-pregnancy

When I was pregnqnt with my second (I was also PAL so I was being cautious) I had been weight training regularly and lifting heavy weights mainly. I kept doing it until I couldn't, probably around 10 weeks I couldnt keep it up and just quit. I dropped my weights 5 to 10 lbs, quit increasing the weight, and increased my rest times. I just kept getting more and more out of breath, which is why I quit eventually. I had no problems except I kept having more and more trouble catching my breath so I just quit.

I'm so scared to lose the baby so I decided to not do weight training until I get a scan and talk to my gyno about it. If I have mc , I will never forgive myself for working out, doesn't matter if that's the reason or not. I think I will definitely go back to gym after I pass the 12 week point

I would, but i seem to look for any reason not to exercise, sky looks a bit dark...sun is too hot...i just want to lie down and cry, you get the idea.....

I'm so scared to lose the baby so I decided to not do weight training until I get a scan and talk to my gyno about it. If I have mc , I will never forgive myself for working out, doesn't matter if that's the reason or not. I think I will definitely go back to gym after I pass the 12 week point

Just go gentle if you do go back after 12 weeks, since you will have taken many weeks off. Good luck talking to your doctor! Maybe do some stretching or something to keep in the routine?

I'm planning on doing four days a week hour walks so hopefully that keeps me active

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->