should I take him to drs?

isil

Reaction score
Alasdair has had a really bad cough since new year's eve. He is really wheezy and his nose is really stuffed up. We've raised the head end of his cot, have a karvol plug in thing and have been using cough syrup and baby vapour rub on his chest and back. But he doesn't seem to be improving at all and is taking less and less milk (approx half his usual amount)

Thing is...he is ratty and grumpy 50% of the time but the other 50% he is happy and smiley. We have a really horrible dr and she makes me feel incredibly stupid but I don't want to not go if he is really poorly...

So bascially (after all that!) how long would you let your LO be like this before you took them to the dr?

well noone replied but anyway! lol..I rang nhs direct who told me because he was so wheezy and not taking much milk to take him to drs who have no appointments (and why would they at this time in the day)...so I'll either ring tomorrow for an appointment or I might just take him to the walk in today (when he wakes up).

Sorry hun just saw this DEFO TAKE HIM, I held off with jacob and turned out he had a really bad chest infection and got taken into hospital.

Poor lil thing hope he feels better soon, and take him TODAY :) Insist on an appointment and dont let your moody doc make you feel bad, your his mother and you know whats best :) XXXX

Go to the walk in hun-they'll see him there, that doesnt sound like Ally and you're worried enough to ask- just get him checked, theres some nasty bugs about ATM

Ema - thanks hunny, it was actually your post that made me think 'sh*t! maybe I should take him!'

Amy - you're right...he's not himself at the moment. And to be so off his food and stuff... he is a foodie boy and usually nothing will put him off drinking and eating.

when he wakes up, we'll be off to the nhs walk in! I think I'll just worry if I don't get him seen today. I'll probably go to the one at the hospital so that if he does need to be seen by a dr, we're there already.

Aw hun hope he feels better and its just a bug :) I know what you mean about food jacob LOVES his food and to refuse a bottle was like .....uh oh something aint right XXX

hope he feels better soon!

:hug:

Hope he is ok hunny. Ruby had exactly the same before xmas and is only just really getting over it and gaining her appetite back now. I took her doctors 3 times and even took her walk in at the hospital boxing day night. They were bloody useless and told me to keep dosing her up on calpol and ibrobrufen and that it could take 3 weeks to clear! They wouldnt give me anything for it because they said it was a virus xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->