Should I tell my husband?

kellze

Reaction score
I found out yesterday that I am pregnant and I am not sure whether to tell my husband.

I had 2 miscarriages in the last 7 months and it has been fairly hard for him to deal with and he wasn't sure he wanted to try again. We have only done the deed twice this month but I still got pregnant.

So, should I tell him straight away or should I wait until I am further along and feel a bit "safer" with the pregnancy? If I lose this one he might put his foot down about no trying again which would really upset me.

That's a tough one. Me personally, I would tell him sooner rather than later but purely only because I believe honesty is the best policy and it's his child too. Also, if you were to miscarry early (fingers crossed you don't) then I would want the support of my husband.

There are no guarantees, so even if you waited until a 'safer' time, a miscarriage could still happen so I say enjoy the fact you're pregnant, celebrate with your husband because TODAY you are pregnant.

All the best xx

I really needed that reply...thank you. I will tell him this evening when he gets home. He has probably guessed anyway. I can't keep any secrets from him even if I wanted to.

I would tell him, personally. I would consider it selfish to keep the joy to myself, and feel like I was being too hard on myself not to share the stress. Also if the unthinkable happens, I would not want to have to bear it on my own. My husband and I should be together on such matters.

But you know your husband and your relationship better than I do.

I'm glad you've decided to tell him! Miscarriages are hard and all the what-ifs can really get to you with a new pregnancy but the only way to get through it is together. Here's hoping this is your rainbow baby!

I really needed that reply...thank you. I will tell him this evening when he gets home. He has probably guessed anyway. I can't keep any secrets from him even if I wanted to.

You're welcome. Let us know how you go xx

I have a friend who's wife waited to tell him after a previous miscarriage, he still feels a bit sad about it over a decade later so it's not something I'd advise, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->