should I tell my parents

Bella12

Reaction score
this summer I had a miscarriage. I did not tell anyone other than my husband that I was pregnant. the baby stopped developing at 8 weeks and I started bleeding at 9 weeks. it was very painful.

I and presently 8 weeks pregnant and I and contemplating telling my parents later today. They will be visiting from out of state. My husband doesn't want me to tell them because we are both worried I will have another miscarriage.I'm considering telling them. If I do have another miscarriage, I'll have some support and somebody to talk to. My husband is concerned that my parents will not keep it a secret and that it will be very painful if the entire family knows and tries to talk to me about it. I think my parents will honor my wishes to keep it a secret, but my mom does like to talk sometimes. Any thoughts? Should I keep it to myself or share it with my parents?

If there's a hint she could talk I'd respect your OH's wishes and not tell. But saying this, if you really don't mind others knowing if she does tell and you m/c and need support then tell them! Follow your gut instincts. It's unlikely you'll m/c again (statistically those who've had 1 go on to carry successfully a second time- however there are exceptions to this with immunology-reproductive, old eggs like mine, other problems etc). Follow your heart :hugs:

Thanks! I know statistically things are in my favor. I think it is just going to be a fear until I have a healthy baby. That thought, maybe there is something wrong that I don't know about.

Part of me does not care if people know. I'm tired of people (family) asking me when will you start a family. You have been married 3 years and we want grandchildren.

As for my OH I asked him if I could share and he said I could but he felt it is kinda early. What if we miscarry again. I think he is looking into my best interests which usually means flying under radar. I don't like to be center of attention. I was going to share because I'm feeling so sick with nausea, vomiting, headaches and exhaustion. I don'tknow if I can hide that from them for 3 days.

I contemplated not telling my parents until 12 weeks this time but DH said he felt it was better to tell them. If anything had happened i would have needed the support i think. That being said, it depends on whether you truely believe theres a chance your mum would talk. I knew for a fact my parents would keep it quiet. No-one else knows yet even though we had a scan last week and baby looked fab, i still prefer to wait til my 12 week scan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->